[BTS] G-Major 178 - Genghis Khan, Monarch, Space - Deadline Oct 26th 2021

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Noble Zarkon, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Settings:
    • Victory Condition: Space Race (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
    • Difficulty: Monarch
    • Starting Era: Ancient
    • Map Size: Standard
    • Speed: Normal
    • Map Type: Global Highlands
    • Required: No Tribal Villages, No Random Events
    • Civ: Mongolia (Genghis Khan)
    • Opponents: Must include Arabia (Saladin), China (Mao Zedong), Inca (Huayna Capac), Maya (Pacal), Ottoman (Suleiman), Russia (Catherine)
    • Version: 3.19.005
    • Date: 31st August to 27th September 2021
    Must not play as Inca.
    The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  2. Conquistador 63

Conquistador 63 Deity

I was tempted to try this one, but had been disappointed in past HoF games with the trouble the system has sorting properly results when “Speed=any”.

3. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Yeah the system does not cope well with that, it was a mistake and should be Normal speed.

Conquistador 63 likes this.
  4. mscellaneous

mscellaneous Prince Supporter

Played up to 1500 AD, only to notice that I rolled a Highlands and not a Global Highlands map. :cry:

5. Noble Zarkon

6. mscellaneous

mscellaneous Prince Supporter

Yeah well, should have been more thorough when I checked the game settings. I double check everything to make sure I adhere to the specific game rules, but overlooked the fact the are two highland maps. Another lesson learned :thumbsup:

Just submitted a 1750AD game. Might as well finish the Highlands map as I lack a 2nd entry for Quattromaster (loooong way to go though)

7. Noble Zarkon

Extended this one for a month to allow for some entries.

8. Conquistador 63

Conquistador 63 Deity

I submitted an entry (#30754) which I thought had all the required settings for this gauntlet.
    The game was accepted but does not appear in the gauntlet page. Maybe I'm missing something? :confused:

EDIT: maybe the gauntlet victory condition should be changed from Space Race to Space Colony

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021