G-Major 180 - Elizabeth, Immortal, Space - Deadline July 27th 2022

lymond

Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!)
Hall of Fame Staff

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Space Colony (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Immortal
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Large
  • Speed: Epic
  • Map Type: Medium and Small
  • Required: No Tribal Villages, No Random Events
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: England (Elizabeth)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 3.19.005
  • Date: 24th March to 25th July 2022
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody giving this a go?

I'm not that used to this map script or epic speed - and finding Elizabeth to be a slow starter on this script. Ran some test maps, and saw that it can produce basically 2 archipelagos, or 2 pretty large landmasses.

Not a lot of plains hills for fast worker, and not a ton of rivers, so wet corn is rare... getting a lot of green cow starts which on epic are pretty bad, I think since you don't start close to AH. Mining pigs has been okay-ish, and then going straight to BW for chopping out settlers.

Got one going now where I have GLH, but I think it was expensive to build, as I was without much in forests to chop. I did random leaders, and pulled a bunch of warmongers, so I dunno if I want to try conquering them or not. I did get early construction, and have ivory, so I think I'll go that route against Monty, and let the GLH trade routes carry my commerce. But sparse food and little forest, no metals, and galleys, I'm not sure if I can bring good numbers.

I have a game going on right now, rolled a start with 2 golds, wet corn, green cow and 3 FPs. Expanded to 6 cities and added 6 Ottoman cities to my empire with HAs, so not unhappy with 12 cities on immortal at 25AD which is where I'm now. Now I only share borders with a pretty big Mansa with for a change a pretty big army, as he was the first to go to war with Mehmed. So I'll have to wait probably for knights or cuirs if I want to expand further. Also got Gandhi and de Gaulle on my continent. The other continent has all first 5 religions and most of the wonders so far, so that might be a problem too later. Surely winnable, but not expecting a particularly good space date from this one.

Is the game really supposed to be a Space Race (so, old victory condition from Vanilla/Warlords), not a Space Colony (BTS)? I noticed that my submitted game wasn't recognized as submission for the gauntlet, I guess because I misread the victory condition and played a BTS Space Colony.

Oops! Sorry 'bout the victory conditions!

Top Bottom