1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

G-Major 98

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Ozbenno, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+1](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
    [/size]​

Settings:
    • Victory Condition: Diplomatic (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
    • Difficulty: Immortal
    • Starting Era: Ancient
    • Map Size: Large
    • Map Type: Continents
    • Speed: Normal
    • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
    • Civ: Sumeria (Gilgamesh)
    • Opponents: Must include America (Franklin Roosevelt), Arabia (Saladin), China (Mao Zedong), France (De Gaulle), Holy Roman Empire (Charlemange), Khmer (Suryavarman), Spain (Isabella), Viking (Ragnar Lodbrok)
    • Version: 3.19.003
    • Date: 10th November to 10th December 2011
    Must not play as Inca.
    The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

2. Manco Capac

Manco Capac Friday,13 June,I Collapse

Looks sweet...:yumyum:

3. Habitus

Habitus Emperor

Hopefully I'll get my new PC so I can take a shot at this (or play long turns cause my current PC dislikes Large+ maps :p)

4. Stormi

Stormi Chieftain

bah two diplomatic gauntlet games at the same time...

5. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

And both on Immortal, no less. :(

6. mc-red

mc-red King

I think I'll try this as I am coming back to civ after long break. Does anyone have a link to a discussion on diplomacy games? would be much appreciated.

7. shulec

shulec Grrrrr... I AM the force! Hall of Fame Staff

This is not what you asked for, but it may be quite useful.

The thread from G-Major 93
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=426253

8. Walter_Wolf

Walter_Wolf King

No submissions on this one

9. thbrown81

thbrown81 Warlord

Is it just me or this this an exceptionally difficult game to win (at least relative to other IMM Gauntlets)? Admittedly, this is my first time tackling Immortal, and on my second attempt I came close to winning, had Churchill, Chuckles and Izzy voting for me, but Saladin kept me from winning because he wouldn't forgive me for DOWing him even though I did so at Izzy's request and she eventually vassalized him. The diplo is really tenuous with all the warmongers, and the UB is virtually unless you are running a major espionage economy (which I don't have any experience doing). I'm also not strong at early rushes at any level, and my second game I ended up with no Copper or Iron in my area, which made it tough to carve out much space. Anyway, since it is a large map, I think the only way to get enough diplo votes is to rush a couple civs on your continent and then make nice with as many as you can on the other continent. However, I was just happy to survive into the 1900's in good shape given that it was my first run at IMM and the settings were less than optimal.

Also, if there weren't any submissions, it's probably because they just had another Diplo IMM with Gilgamesh in GMaj93.

10. Bugio

Bugio Warlord

My computer dislike large maps, so i didn't bothered trying yet and not sure i will. Anyway my strategy would be fill the map with opponent to give AI less space to expand, so get other 6 opponent in, the usual soft targets: the 3 american leaders, gandhi, mansa musa and hatty. Then crossbow rush my continent, oracling MC and run an engeneer to bulb part of machinery. Going oracle makes sense since gilga have ziggurats at priesthood. Make sure to vassal a single city empire, he will build the UN later. If the continent is big enough to make you number one in population you should win already since you'll run vote against your vassal who built the UN.

11. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Retired Moderator

Results:

G-Major 98 -Diplomatic, Immortal, Large, Continents, Normal with Sumeria (Gilgamesh) - Barbs On, selected opponents
    1st shulec 1685 AD

Congratulations shulec!

12. mc-red

mc-red King

yes congrats Shulec. I tried this one but got 773 votes instead of 783 as Isabella lost a city just before the vote. Would have been a great date for me but not the competition around 1810 AD and overall I found this one challenging.
    Thanks for the link above too.