1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

G-Major 99

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Bugio

Bugio Warlord

I posted a horrible 1895 finish. My capital reached legendary like 100 turns before so there's plenty of room for improvement.
    The start wasn't spectacular (no marble and no stone) but plenty of food and riverside. I decided to go all out cottage on capital and a second city and use artists for the last one, had 4 religion (founded 2). The approach can work but i made lot of mistakes:
    -more workers
    -underexpanding (really need to overlap BFCs more to grow the cottages faster while the big 3s build up infrastructures)
    -having marble is huge, should avoid start without it no matter how good the land looks
    -probably stayed in slavery too much. With the lack of production i had to whip cathedrals (6 pop whips), and caste and a few workshop could have helped getting more artists in the same time. I had 2 prophets 2 scientist and 1 spy, defenetly can do better.
    -again more workers
    -have i said more workers?

2. Coilean

Coilean Warlord

I managed a 1772AD win, more due to an embarassment of riches in my starting area than good play: 2 rice, 2 pigs, forest game, gems, and river stone in my capitals BFC. Not to mention the nearby 2pig/banana/iron/rice for city #2 and the silver/gold/pig/2bananas/7hills for city #3.

I'm sure a better player could have shaved a good 50 or more turns off my finish. I feel like I made a lot of mistakes, including not building enough workers early on to chop down the jungle, waiting too long to get a solid 4th city developed, and winding up in a short war with Julius Caesar because my military was underdeveloped.

3. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

This gauntlet is now closed

Results:

G-Major 99 - Culture, Emporer, Raging Barbs, Charlemange
    1st WastinTime 1730AD
    2nd Walter_Wolf 1738AD
    3rd Coilean 1772AD

Well done everyone :goodjob:

4. mc-red

mc-red King

congrats to the winners.

5. Manco Capac

Manco Capac Friday,13 June,I Collapse

Special congratulation to Walter_wolf. Look how close to WastinTime you got.

You are no "settler" anymore! :)

6. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

Indeed, excellent showing Walter_Wolf!

Sun Tzu Wu

7. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Awww, I would have liked to have tried this one, but I missed it darn.