G-Major CXIX

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

PLEASE NOTE: Map choice is open - pick your poison!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Map Size: Huge
  • Map Type: Any
  • Speed: Quick
  • Leader: Carthage (Dido)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 1st to 31st December 2021
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Anyone else finish this yet? The Huge map and Quick time setting make the land maps a bit of a slog. I tried to go with the "smallest" map of the HoF maps, Lakes, but it ended up being still really too huge. At King level and Quick, the AIs built cities way too quickly and the conquest inevitably got bogged down. Ended up going Tiny Islands map, which makes it much smoother for your forces to get to where they are going. Less of a slogfest, but delayed conquest satisfaction until galleasses come online. Still a lot of ocean to traverse, making conquest relatively slow, even with the Great Lighthouse and Exploration.

Anyone else finish this yet? The Huge map and Quick time setting make the land maps a bit of a slog. I tried to go with the "smallest" map of the HoF maps, Lakes, but it ended up being still really too huge. At King level and Quick, the AIs built cities way too quickly and the conquest inevitably got bogged down. Ended up going Tiny Islands map, which makes it much smoother for your forces to get to where they are going. Less of a slogfest, but delayed conquest satisfaction until galleasses come online. Still a lot of ocean to traverse, making conquest relatively slow, even with the Great Lighthouse and Exploration.
I have not played this yet, but if I get a chance, I think I would try something with a lot of mountains...

I will be doing the update Sunday, so both gauntlets are set as open through 01/02/22.

The following are the results of G-Major CXIX. The settings are at the bottom of the page:

Rank Player Date Turn Score Options
1 zenmaster 1685 AD 162 3379

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Map Size: Huge
  • Map Type: Any
  • Speed: Quick
  • Leader: Carthage (Dido)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 1st December 2021 to 3rd January 2022
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Welp, I guess the Huge map and quick speed were a tough call to play/finish. The small maps on the new gauntlets should be more player-friendly!

Top Bottom