G-Major CXXXIV

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.
(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
PLEASE NOTE: RAGING BARBARIANS REQUIRED
Expansion: Brave New World
Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
Difficulty: King
Map Size: Small
Map Type: Fractal
Speed: Quick
Leader: Maya (Pacal)
Required: Raging Barbarians
Opponents: Any
Version: SV8
Date: 5th to 30th June 2023
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

@Blake00 @The_J

Hope this one works. It's in response to @zenmaster's suggestion a month or so ago to play a Heathen Conversion game. You get the Raging Barbs, but then you're Pacal, so you can get atlatls quickly to fight the early ones off, plus getting a good religion shouldn't be to hard. I don't see a way to enforce taking Heathen Conversion, but I tried a 100 turns or so in a practice game, and Zenmaster is correct - it's fun! So try it out. (Maybe enforce it by - any one who submits a game without it will be scorned, mocked, ridiculed, and derided in the forum?)

(If you don't know, Heathen Conversion is a Reformation belief, so you probably ought to get going down Piety sooner rather than later.)

Looks like I have some Dominating in my future. Really, been awhile since even did a full Domination game, so about time.

Submitted for Dom victory year 1350/turn 195

Not really into rush Dominating....but not bad.

Last edited:
The following are the results of G-Major CXXXIV. The settings are at the bottom of the page:

RankPlayerDateTurnScore
1zlither1540 AD1442509

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Map Size: Small
  • Map Type: Fractal
  • Speed: Quick
  • Leader: Maya (Pacal)
  • Required: Raging Barbarians
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 5th June to 5th September 2023
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Top Bottom