G-Major X

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:

• Victory Condition: Time (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Settler
  • Map Size: Large
  • Map Type: Inland Sea
  • Speed: Quick
  • Leader: France (Napoleon)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV7 (1.0.1.332) or SV8 (1.0.1.511)
  • Date: 1st December 2011 to 1st January 2012
The highest score wins.

I will pass ...:sleep:

After a hour of loading it finally came up and I could save the game after the "one more turn" victory.
My score is +25k which is not that bad :)

I am not able do deliver any game. I have tried two games, the first one stopped around turn 130. The game crashed after I had clicked "next turn". I tried to load the last autosave a lot of times, but the game crashed every time. The same thing happened in my second game, around turn 120. I have read a lot of tips, but nothing works, so I must give up. Too bad, as my score at turn 120 was about 13k in game, which would have given around 36k if I had won that turn. Got around 300 points every turn in game at that point, and the growth hadn't really begun yet as I had just filled the map. So frustrating:mad:

Yes, the game eats all available memory, I have 6 RAM, but it doesn't help. I can't understand why they have made the game in that way.

Yes, the game eats all available memory, I have 6 RAM, but it doesn't help. I can't understand why they have made the game in that way.

The most important thing these days are graphics, all the rest is a bonus.

I gave this a try but ran into a couple of bugs.

First and most bothering was that my game started crashing around turn 140. Game crash was in between turns (and at this point i owned all map).

Got 3 crashes in total i think, ca. 142; ca. 147 and ca. 155 (not sure how to report this). Then i set all graphics to lowest but most importantly I disbanded 90% of my automated workers which I think were causing the crashes. (Had maybe 100 auto-workers at most which really f**ed my computer up, and still their logic s***)

Also, I got this strange since bug where likely an overload on the variable that keep track on saved science progress caused my science progress to turn into -200k/6,8k for future tech. This could be resolved by popping a great scientist while you have -progress but it took a while for me to realize this.

My end score wasn't great casue i did some policy mistakes and I didnt have the energy to farm all map, but it ended around 23kish

getting through this one at all is commendable... a large map time game is just painful.

my bugs started a little after turn 100: first, a crash whenever i built a new railroad (or regular road)
i tried not building roads, and the next turn i crashed when revealing some tiles in territory i was conquering. i suspect the fog may have hidden a road.

it was a good excuse to just play skyrim instead.

Top Bottom