G-Minor 152

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+1](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
[/size]​

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Prince
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Large
  • Map Type: Any
  • Speed: Normal
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 3.19.003
  • Date: 10th to 25th September 2012
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Well I'll own up to currently holding 1st place down in this :woohoo:

375BC with Hatty (the logical choice I think). Had horses in 3rd ring, just built War Chariots endlessly and tried to not go bankrupt. Managed to tech Currency and Code of Laws to achieve this and trade for Alphabet.

Grats! Yes hatty is the best for this, with catherine close second, depending on playstyle. I was focusing on gmajor but your date is challenging me, and since i have no hopes on gmajor, let even win the game, i might come try this. 500bc or even 1000 should be possible.

hey Oz...wanted to point out that the link to hof civ iv doesn't work in your signature...as it seems it has "1" at the of "index" which is hampering it.

625BC, with Hatty. It's beatable, i started striking too early and couldn't kill enough AIs, luckly i had enough land to settle. I will not try again, back to be trolled by deity ais on the gmajor. :)

I've been a bit sick of Civ4 since getting QM, so even though I wanted to do both of these gauntlets, I knew I wouldn't have the patience for three or four excruciating losses trying out strats on the Major only to place in third or fourth if I actually ever finished.

So I tore into this one. Got ~800BC on a map with horses just outside the BFC and only 8 opponents. I figured that wouldn't win, but it took me forever to find horses in the BFC on a micro map with 14 opponents. I swear half the maps I started didn't have horses anywhere. When I finally did get a map with horses in the BFC, I also had five neighbors right on my borders laid out in a perfect circle around me. One of those rare games where everything just goes perfect that makes starting ~40 micro maps worth it.

Good luck to anyone giving this a last go in the next 24 hours or so.

Still playing, 950bc and 26%. I guess it will be worse then 625BC...

You did a first attempt; of course you will fall behind those trying to snatch better odds.

Top Bottom