[BTS] G-Minor 224 - Roosevelt, Diplomatic, Monarch, Normal - deadline 24th August 2017

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Diplomatic (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Monarch
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Speed: Normal
  • Map Type: Pangaea
  • Civ: America (Franklin Roosevelt)
  • Opponents: Must include China (Qin Shi Huang), Ethiopia (Zara Yaqob)
  • Version: 3.19.003 or 3.19.004b
  • Date: 25th June to 24th August 2017
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited:
That looks like a pretty tough, and very ancient, #1. 1230AD.
The 1230 AD game was played in <45 minutes, so it should be possible to beat it with some planning. I haven't played diplo on normal speed in ages, and even less tiny maps and monarch. No idea how hard it really would be to beat.

This one was a fun mess.
The AI are too backward to help you tech, so you have to tech the whole tree yourself.
If you study Pollina's best 600ADish records, you'll see that Gunpowder and Chemistry aren't required.
Can go straight to Astronomy and then Scientific Method -> Physics.

Getting Philosophy opens up Pacifism and later Electricity bulbs.
It might be worth skipping Meditation + Philo if you can build Shwedagon Paya for Pacifism??? :hmm:

Self-teching Drama and Music to get a Great Artist Bulb on Mass media doesn't really pay for itself.
Maybe if the AI had Drama for trade.

Built up a huge force of Chariots, charged up to 3 big cities, and didn't attack any of them. :lol:
Had to stop teching Education and go back to get Construction, Currency, Metal Casting, etc.
If I played again, I'd definitely not tech Paper after Oracling Bureaucracy.

Big AI cities didn't get conquered until Catapults starting around 600BC.
Early Elepult is very suited for Tiny Pangaea.

Didn't start producing Great People to bulb until around 1AD which was terrible, but it let me get a Great Engineer fairly easily.

Still, got a really good finish date.
Spoiler :

Diplo doesn't matter if you get 1 vassal to vote for you.
No workers to steal on Turn 1, but they get built quickly enough anyway on Monarch.

A fat capital doing over half your research is definitely the way to go on this Tiny map.

Last edited:
Top Bottom