[BTS] G-Minor 228 - Egypt, Space, Settler, Normal, OCC - deadline 9th January 2018

Improved my previous result by 15 turns - now it's 1675AD, still 19 turns behind Tonny though :) This time i oracled education turn 60, but i'm pretty sure it's possible to do even quicker.

Accidently put Roosvelt in the game insted of Toku, but decided to finish the game and pulled out 1595AD :) I saw that Tonny improved his 1580AD result, but i will still try to beat that.

Finally beat that! (i mean previous #1 result in the gauntlet). Looks like landing before 1500 AD is also possible, limiting factor here is production - in previous game i discovered all the needed techs before 1300AD.

Yes, it does :) I am 4 turns behind. But thanks for the submitted game, this boosts my motivation for the next games ;) Hope to have great game in soon :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just delivered 1510AD victory. Took a risk and launched a ship only at 80% probability of success ;) Could had beaten 1500AD if i would have launched at 40% success prob, will try that certainly next time.

I'm sorry to say @Morcar_olmig. I already submitted a 1460AD (turn 206) victory at 100% success. It also could have been a few turns earlier if I had copper and launched it at 80%.
Let me give you all some ideas, pointers and a quick overview.
First of all, getting a free worker is in my opinion absolutely necessary to achieve this. I got it at turn 0. It helps producing the first worker faster and helps you improve your BFC very fast.
Gold, stone and corn in BFC are also necessary.
Gift the AI a lot of techs to give them a chance to research a few techs for you. Every turn counts.
I'm saving my great artist from Music to start the Golden Age 1 turn before I research Rocketry. Taj Mahal is built on the turn when I research Rocketry and the great merchant combined with the great spy from communism are used to create a 3rd consecutive Golden Age. This allows me to build all the spaceship parts in the Golden Age.

Spoiler key dates/turn numbers :

turn 34 Library
turn 47 Academy
turn 47 Civil Service
turn 49 Pyramids
turn 56 Education
turn 58 University
turn 62 Oxford
turn 74 Astronomy
turn 75 Observatory
turn 101 Biology
turn 104 National Park
turn 106 National Epic
turn 110 Globe Theatre
turn 116 Ironworks
turn 133 Superconductors
turn 134 Laboratory
turn 145 Industrialism
turn 152 MoM
turn 157 Taj Mahal
turn 157 Rocketry
turn 160 Apollo
turn 194 Launch

This is my last submission for this gauntlet. I don't have the energy anymore to start a new one.

Good luck all!

P.S.
I believe that an inland sea map may give you a better date.

Congrats @Tonny - undoubtedly impressive achievement!

Thanks for your insights - i have similar thoughts, when playing this gauntlet, but still couple of differencies: I settled artist from Music asap to get some beakers output from him, since by the time i need to start 3rd GA i have GS which can't be used to research any useful tech. Also i didn't build Globe Theatre, because forest preserves come very early and after you chopped all the preserves you can use culture slider to boost happiness. since you no longer need to make any research.

Anyway this all depends on the map - quite many times i had great game going, just to discover that i don't have aluminium available and that, of course, ruins the game. Couple of times i was able to vassalize some civs and get aluminium from them, but vassalize odds for OCC game are usually low.

I will continue with this gauntlet, gap is only 6 turns now, i believe i can still beat this result.

Just submitted 1350AD win. Launched my ship 1210AD (turn 191), but it landed only turn 205 (didn't build last thruster and once again sent it at only 80% success chance). I was going slightly behind @Tonny schedule in the beginning of the game (most noticable is built Pyramids turn 75 or so), but then i cathced up, still not enough to launch at 100% success rate though. I'm going to post my milestones just to compare how it actually developed, after my game is accepted.

Anyway - thanks for setting the bar high, you never know how good you can perform without others show you that this unbelievable result is really reachable.

P.S. I played this game without access to stone, i guess this delayed me little bit...

Last edited:
Excellent result @Morcar_olmig!!! :goodjob: :worship: :clap:
This might get me going for it one more time. I'm waiting for your write-up to tweak my gameplan.
Who did you choose as AI besides Mansa and Toku. I went for Gandhi and Darius.

I usually put Roosvelt and Gandhi in the game, couple of times tried to use Mehmed, hoping he can quickly tech to Philo or use GS for that, but it turned out to be quite random thing...
Here is my log (removed some less important events):
Spoiler Player log :

Turn 10 - Writing
Turn 20 - Alpha
Turn 32 - CoL
Turn 37 - Library
Turn 43 - Academy (1st GS)
Turn 47 - CS
Turn 52 - Oracle
Turn 53 - Education
Turn 57 - MC
Turn 58 - Forge
Turn 60 - University & Currency
Turn 66 - Oxford
Turn 73 - Pyramids
Turn 79 - Astro & 2nd GS - settled
Turn 82 - Philo
Turn 84 - Observatory
Turn 85 - adopted Pacifism
Turn 87 - Music & 1st GA - settled
Turn 91 - 1st GE - settled
Turn 93 - National Epic
Turn 98 - 3rd GS - settled
Turn 101 - SM
Turn 108 - Bio
Turn 114 - National Park
Turn 115 - Medicine
Turn 116 - 2nd GE - settled
Turn 119 - adopted Envir & 4th GS - settled (Physics)
Turn 121 - 5th GS - settled
Turn 126 - 6th GS - settled
Turn 127 - Refrigeration
Turn 129 - AP built by Roosvelt, built conf temple and conf academy later for additional hammers
Turn 130 - IronWorks
Turn 132 - Superconductors & 7th GS - settled
Turn 135 - Steam Power & Laboratory
Turn 136 - Levee
Turn 138 - 1st GM (kept for 1st Golden Age) & 8th GS - settled
Turn 139 - Corporation
Turn 141 - HG
Turn 142 - Assembly Line
Turn 144 - Factory
Turn 145 - Industrialism
Turn 146 - Industrial Park
Turn 148 - MoM
Turn 149 - Liberalism, took Genetics - have to use Liber earlier than planned, becuase Roosvelt was close to research that.
Turn 152 - Rocketry
Turn 153 - Started Golden Age 1 by GM & 3rd GE - settled
Turn 157 - Apollo
Turn 159 - Plastics & Taj Mahal
Turn 160 - Hydro Plant & 8th GS - bulbed into Fission
Turn 163 - Stasis Chamber
Turn 165 - 1st Thrusters
Turn 167 - 9th GS - bulbed into Fiber Optics
Turn 168 - 2nd Thrusters
Turn 171 - 3rd Thrusters
Turn 173 - Fusion & 4th GE - settled
Turn 174 - Communism & Cockpit
Turn 175 - 10th GS - used with Gspy to extend GA (GA3)
Turn 179 - Engine
Turn 180 - Life Support
Turn 183 - adopted State Property & Docking Bay
Turn 184 - Composites & 4th Thrusters
Turn 185 - 1st Casing
Turn 186 - 2nd Casing
Turn 187 - 11th GS - settled
Turn 188 - 3rd Casing
Turn 189 - Golden age (consisted of 3 consecutive) ended.
Turn 190 - 4th Casing
Turn 191 - Ship launched
Turn 205 - Ship landed

I haven't mentioned before - i always adopt the State Property in the final part of the game - to increase hammers output (+10%) and to avoid cap starvation, since all the workshops get +1 food.

Ready to answer further questions! ;)

Last edited:
Just noticed my mistake with the dates: i landed 1450AD (not 1350AD as i previously wrote) and launched 1310 AD (not 1210 AD as i previously wrote) - sorry for that! :) Turn numbers are correct though.

Top Bottom