G-Minor 25

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Conquest (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Noble
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Continents
  • Speed: Normal
  • OCC: Yes
  • Civ: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 1.74.001
  • Date: 15th to 24th August 2007
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Note: This is an OCC (One City Challenge) gauntlet, therefore you are required to have that option checked. Also please note that the OCC requirement does not show at the HOF site. We are aware of this.

Wouldn't this require a coastal start? Otherwise, you can't build ships to get to the other continent. It seems a little weird that there would be some games that you simply couldn't win because you didn't start on the coast.

I am noticing that this is Vanilla only. So much for the Vikings or Carthaginians. Was that the intent?

Wouldn't this require a coastal start? Otherwise, you can't build ships to get to the other continent. It seems a little weird that there would be some games that you simply couldn't win because you didn't start on the coast.

Yes, the required coastal site also adds a little edge to it.

I am noticing that this is Vanilla only. So much for the Vikings or Carthaginians. Was that the intent?

Yes. If Warlords was allowed the majority of the submissions would be with the Vikings. By making it vanilla only, we'll get more of a variety in the games.

I hope to see you both in this gauntlet!

Not necessarily. IIRC, OCC means that you may only have one city at any given time. Although, I am wondering if the Requires Complete Kills applies to you as well. You could conceivably allow a rival to capture/raze your city and you then take another one.

I hope to see you both in this gauntlet!

Thanks! Playing right now baby!! 1 am as I type this. Working tomorrow. but I have an easy day.

You are so right about the Vikings, I liked the last one b/c there was some variety, but this one will be interesting indeed.

So far, I have lucked out twice in founding on horses. I have not playing Vanilla in so long. I am useless without UBs!

Can you build more than 2 National Wonders during OCC?

In Vanilla with the OCC option checked you are unlimited with the number of national wonders you can build. In other words, you can build every national wonder possible if you want.

@ WoO
Would you not loose the game if you let an AI take your only City?

I'm curious about this too, as I've never played with required kills checked.

Man, I haven't played Vanilla in so long, that I have forgotten most of the changes made in Warlords, not to mention getting confused with changes from patches. I need a new strategy. I will no longer try to wipe out the civs on my shared continent, because it seems that I leave the continent later then.

According to the HOF rules Permanent Alliances are allowed. If this is true it *might* be possible to do this if you don't get a coast start. But this is both a late technonlogy, and getting your friend to wipe everyone out is difficult. Still asking one of the last civs left for an alliance might reduce a good chunk of turns as you would not need to destroy them.

Note: This is an OCC (One City Challenge) gauntlet, therefore you are required to have that option checked. Also please note that the OCC requirement does not show at the HOF site. We are aware of this.

So for my second ever attempt at submission, I have a slightly different problem than last time, and I'm trying to figure out if it's what you just said. When I start the game with Locked Mod Assets and OCC checked, it tells me my game is not appropriate for submission and that I need to contact the administrators about it. I doubt it's the OCC because I tried starting a non-OCC game and it gave me the same error.

So here I am contacting the administrators. The only options checked in custom game are Locked Mod Assets and OCC. It's version 1.74.001. Anything else I need to be doing? Thanks.
Derrill

Top Bottom