G-Minor 28

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+1](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
[/size]​

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Conquest (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Monarch
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Continents
  • Speed: Epic
  • Civ: Any
  • Opponents: Must include Inca (Huayna Capac)
  • Version: 1.74.001 or 2.13.001
  • Date: 11th to 24th October 2007
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Marathon speed for a minor? It took me over a week to finish a single game on marathon for the major, and that was on a Terra map!

I guess I'll give this a miss then, one marathon game is enough for me in this lifetime ;)

Woohoo my hypnotic suggestions work on moderators too.
What other game? (Oh, I guess you mean the new BtS beta).

EDIT: I guess I'll play this one after all then. I need a conquest and an epic game for my HOF tables. The only epic game I have played so far was the Egypt WOTM (#11 I think - still my only conquest win to date, that was Prince level and had horses very near, so was pretty easy, but was a Terra map, that made it easier since all civs are on one landmass), so I'll probably pick Egypt or maybe Persia (although I started a game with Persia last night and my first settler got eaten by a lion on the way to the horses site). I'm trying to save Rome for a difficult major or Immortal+ level.

sorry m new to this, do you need a mod to play this

Aha. Competition for earliest finish for a conquest on a continents map. :) Not so straight forward as building some early UU and going berserk accross a pangea or inland sea map or something. One needs to get astronomy early as well.

Aha. Competition for earliest finish for a conquest on a continents map. :) Not so straight forward as building some early UU and going berserk accross a pangea or inland sea map or something. One needs to get astronomy early as well.

Yes, I've changed my mind about Egypt or Persia now (nothing to do with my Ramesses Pyramids building city getting razed by barbs, oh-no).

I'm thinking give the Germans a whirl. Both leaders sound pretty good to me and I have never tried them.

EDIT: If I was playing for a competitive date I'd probably want a civ with an earlier UU... England, Russia maybe. Vikings will be magic as well, upgrade a few berserkers and raze the other continent.

Or I could do a sneaky raging barbs on, build the great wall, and hope ;)

Yes, I've changed my mind about Egypt or Persia now (nothing to do with my Ramesses Pyramids building city getting razed by barbs, oh-no).

I'm thinking give the Germans a whirl. Both leaders sound pretty good to me and I have never tried them.

Or I could do a sneaky raging barbs on, build the great wall, and hope ;)

having barbs on sounds like a good idea, it would weaken them alot

All the versions are available from that link.

EDIT: First time you generate a start with the mod, make sure you have "lock modified assets" checked (you will have to do a custom game for this). Otherwise you get a warning that the game won't be accepted for HOF use, and you could be looking at 3 gold mines pigs and rice start ;)

Would it be possible to have an HOF Mailing List of some sort where we can get gauntlets and table updates sent by email? I don't really read CFC as much as I used to and usually when I run across a gauntlet it's just about over, so that would really help a lot.

They are every two weeks, with a major every 4 weeks (2 weeks in at the moment). This one has only just started. I managed to get it changed from a marathon game to epic speed, I dread to think how long a continents conquest would take on marathon speed (as I said in post #2, it took me a week to get to 1205AD in a marathon game for the major, I do play slow though).

Maybe post in the HOF suggestions thread or start a new thread about it, it sounds like a good idea anyway.

is that good for beyond the sword or just civ 4

Let me explain the easiest way to tell what version of the mod you need. As you may have noticed, Firaxis has seen fit to number each version of the game. For instance, the current patch for vanilla is 1.74, where the 1 signifies the vanilla version. Warlords is currently at 2.13, where the 2 signifies warlords. BTS is at 3.13, where BTS is number 3. We are using the same numbering system for our HOF Mod.

All versions of the HOF Mod are numbered using x.xx.xxx, as an example (game version).(patch).(HOF version). So vanilla would be HOF Mod 1.74.001. The 1.74 signifies vanilla patch 74. The .001 signifies the hof revision number. Occaisionally we have to update the current mod and not due to a patch, so you will see .002 and up.

So, depending on what game you plan on playing will tell you what version of the HOF Mod you need. If you want to play Warlords 2.13 than you'll need HOF Mod v.2.13.001. BTW, you can have multiple versions of the HOF Mod installed. They do not install over each other, so you can choose which version you wish to use.

Would it be possible to have an HOF Mailing List of some sort where we can get gauntlets and table updates sent by email? I don't really read CFC as much as I used to and usually when I run across a gauntlet it's just about over, so that would really help a lot.

Updates are always held around the 10th and 25th of every month. I say "around", as occaisionally we are late. Check in around those dates (or the day after) and you should be fine. I guess we could look into RSS feeds, but I personally have no knowledge of them.

... Am I right that this is a no-BTS Gauntlet game? Would be excellent to be Portugal though, for continents conquest... Early expansion, massproduce armies, wipe continent clean, Beeline Engi and Optics, sail to other continent, rince and repeat!

... Am I right that this is a no-BTS Gauntlet game? Would be excellent to be Portugal though, for continents conquest... Early expansion, massproduce armies, wipe continent clean, Beeline Engi and Optics, sail to other continent, rince and repeat!
Take a look at the BTS Beta 5 Gauntlet then. ;)

Monarch for a minor?
Oh well, i need to take back my pace on challengin' levels, i'm afraid i'm too used to the lowest that i can have lost something.

I'll try to play this, have to think if an aggressive civ can be better.
hmmm perhaps Vikings?

i started a game and i made sure inca was on it, lock modified assests, 7 people, no barbs, all victory enabled monarch, continutes but when i started it it said my assits were wrong so it would not be accepted, what did i do wrong

i started a game and i made sure inca was on it, lock modified assests, 7 people, no barbs, all victory enabled monarch, continutes but when i started it it said my assits were wrong so it would not be accepted, what did i do wrong
I am guessing that you install BTS Patch 3.13, right? The patch writes new Core DLL to both Vanilla and Warlords assets' folders. You need to do a dual install if you want to use 3.13. This post has some explanation and links to more.

*sigh*
Sounds good, but one problem: I never plkay Monarch! :lol:

Whatever, I'll try it out. Also, I have a suggestion for whoever's modding the HOF mod: any way to make the Python enable Lock Modified Assets automatically so you can use Play Now?

Top Bottom