G-Minor CC

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

So we've reached G-Minor 200, Double C, Two Big Ones. In celebration, here is a game with two ANYs!

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Diplomacy (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Map Type: Any
  • Speed: Epic
  • Leader: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 1st to 31st October 2022
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Map Type ANY? First one ever for that, I would think.

And any leader too? Many possibilities...

I went Inland Sea for my first try with Babylon. Generally strong map and a good civ to race to Printing Press.
I'd have to think Aztecs on a Lake Map would be very strong also. Probably my 2nd try
Spain on ... what map best?... Great Plains? Lakes? Inland Sea? Pick the worst scouting AI civs on a small map and hope to find the wonders quick. Would give that a go with a good wonder near the start.
Poland on one of these maps?

I might give all four of these a shot as Tiny maps play pretty quickly, even on Epic game speed..

The Koreans on Inland Sea or Great Plains?
The Shoshone on Inland Sea or Great Plains?
The Mayans with a race to Theology to start the Great People rolling?
Inca on Highland good, but not quite as nice I would imagine. Not as fast to get food going?

What are others thinking?

Spain, Poland, Korea and Babylon are all good choices. I like Spain the best simply for the fun of those super-wonder tiles and gold. But the epic speed might favour Poland’s bonuses more than Spain’s.

Anybody in favor of letting this one go another month? Seems to me one would need a month for every any, right?

Anybody in favor of letting this one go another month? Seems to me one would need a month for every any, right?
Hi, yes, an every any lends itself to giving more time to try.
I only have a Babylon game under my belt but did not have time to do any more the past couple weeks.

The following are the results of G-Minor CC. The settings are at the bottom of the page:

RankPlayerDateTurnScoreOptions
bronze[1].png
zenmaster1415 AD3037367
mt_is[1].png
lea_ba_ne[1].png
2fiddlesticks1595 AD3397100
mt_gp[1].png
lea_sp_is[1].png
3aafritz171919 AD5094801
mt_p[1].png
lea_ma_pa[1].png

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Diplomacy (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Map Type: Any
  • Speed: Epic
  • Leader: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 1st October to 2nd December 2022
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom