G-Minor CCII

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.
(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:

Expansion: Brave New World
Victory Condition: Diplomacy (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
Difficulty: Warlord
Map Size: Large
Map Type: Lakes
Speed: Epic
Leader: Sweden (Gustavus Adolphus)
Opponents: Any
Version: SV8
Date: 1st to 31st December 2022
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Just submitted turn 461....took out entire world except one and coasted then. Guess would need to learn how to do faster.. Seemed I got to that era but took another 20-30 turns:( Was a bit of a comical game though with such a tech lead and financial goldmine...allowing constant unit upgrades.

Attachments

• Gustavus Adolphus_0461 AD-1871.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Settings:

Hi I've just found this forum and I want to join but I'm wondering where I can find the HOF rules

Settings:

Settings:

Attachments

• hGustavus Adolphus_0437 AD-1847.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Hi I've just found this forum and I want to join but I'm wondering where I can find the HOF rules
Huh! I never noticed that had lost its link! I will get that fixed.

Welcome to the forum and to the Hall of Fame!

Here is the link to the rules: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/rules.php
I should add that some of the rules-pages have not been updated for BNW (which is something I'd like to fix, but currently don't have the credentials). The rules themselves are accurate, but there are a few omissions that might be confusing, or BNW changes that might be overlooked, as follows::
  1. ALL 43 Civs (from the base game and from all DLC) are legal to play. (The "Settings" page lists those from Vanilla, then adds that G&K DLC is OK, but doesn't really go on to say that later DLC is OK, too.)
  2. Some of the exploits listed on the "Disallowed" tab are relevant only to G&K, not to BNW. Gauntlets are now always set up under BNW.
  3. While mods are not allowed, the community HAS accepted the use of Enhanced User Interface (known as EUI, found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/enhanced-user-interface.512263/).
  4. As it says on the "Submitting" tab, be sure to set your auto-saves to 1 (turn) and 1200 (kept).
  5. It's not obvious, but every game you get accepted into the Hall-of-Fame ALSO goes into the "Veni Vidi Vici" (VVV) tables. In addition to simply ranking games on a given table, this "competition" tracks how broadly an individual plays. The scoring for a given game is the same as for the HOF, but that score is allocated across the 6 game characteristics (difficulty, victory-type, map-size, game-pace, map, and leader). Look the VVV pages over, post (or shoot me a PM) any questions you have.

Since I just got the new gauntlets up, this game has been extended to Friday, 1/06/23 (looky there, I got the right year already!)

Turn 333, first game in a long time. Kill all-but-two for era earlier world vote, tech fast.

I forgot to save on the turn after, but have all autosaves. Can I load the last one, vote-and-win? It would be a very short session.

This gauntlet's submissions have showed up in the Hall of Fame, but it is still listed as "In Progress" in the Gauntlets tab, and no results have shown up in the Gauntlets tab or in this thread.

Has this gauntlet actually resolved yet?

Had an incorrect date, think I just fixed it. Let me know if you still don't see the results.

Top Bottom