G-Minor CI

Interesting gauntlet. Gave it a few tries till T100, then played one till the end. Dirt wasn't spectacular, no Petra and just 3 jungle tiles, but had a pretty good early game, was on par with what people posted here in T100 screenshots. But then my growth slowed down, also with just 2 Maritimes CSs, so I wasn't able to get a big enough city and ended up with a 42 pop. city at launch on T193. I definitely could have played the end game better and launch some 3-5 turns sooner, but I knew I wasn't going to be around the winning times anyway and it was too late already so I just played it fast and forgot a few basic things like that I cannot buy faith GS without Rationalism finisher etc.

Also quickly skimmed through the topic and there are some really nice posts, especially from @zenmaster. Too bad the forums are not so active anymore.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0027w.jpg
    Civ5Screen0027w.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 162
Managed to improve to T189 and probably not gonna try again, too starting location dependent and too hard to roll one that can do sub T180. Anyways, a fun gauntlet.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0048.jpg
    Civ5Screen0048.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 87
Interesting gauntlet. Gave it a few tries till T100, then played one till the end. Dirt wasn't spectacular, no Petra and just 3 jungle tiles, but had a pretty good early game, was on par with what people posted here in T100 screenshots. But then my growth slowed down, also with just 2 Maritimes CSs, so I wasn't able to get a big enough city and ended up with a 42 pop. city at launch on T193. I definitely could have played the end game better and launch some 3-5 turns sooner, but I knew I wasn't going to be around the winning times anyway and it was too late already so I just played it fast and forgot a few basic things like that I cannot buy faith GS without Rationalism finisher etc.

Also quickly skimmed through the topic and there are some really nice posts, especially from @zenmaster. Too bad the forums are not so active anymore.

I was surprised to see this old gauntlet come up again in the forum. Glad you enjoyed it! It really was one of the more fun ones. T189 is a solid finish!!

The funny thing is that OCC settings don't carry over to the Hall of Fame. At some point people started besting my OCC time with normal multiple city games, so I went back to the well to reclaim the gold :) . A heck of a lot easier than the OCC!

Fils has an old OCC gauntlet victory in diplomacy that I think Vadalaz, I, and others have stayed away from in the HoF out of deference to his OCC masterpiece. Diplomacy victories aren't quite as popular as Science ones though :)

If aafritz starts getting monthly minors and bimonthly majors going again, I will probably get more active again.

Thanks aafritz for reviving the gauntlets!

If aafritz starts getting monthly minors and bimonthly majors going again, I will probably get more active again.

Aha! The Z-Master has thrown down a gauntlet, challenging his re-recruitment! How will the grasshopper respond?

(Apparently with a so TOTALLY intentional pun, not to mention the marriage of two metaphors from entirely different cultures...)

Top Bottom