G-Minor CLXXVIII

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by aafritz17, Jul 5, 2020.

1. aafritz17

aafritz17 Moderator Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
    • Expansion: Brave New World
    • Victory Condition: Science (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
    • Difficulty: Warlord
    • Map Size: Standard
    • Map Type: Fractal
    • Speed: Standard
    • Leader: Austria (Maria Theresa)
    • Opponents: Any
    • Version: SV8
    • Date: 1st to 31st July 2020
    The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

2. billybgame

billybgame Prince

We submitted for 1979......not that great but was a very peaceful, quick, game for Standard speed. Had only one other civ on my land mass, and a C/S in between. Married one C/S to open up a great city site. Think had 11 cities. Took awhile to get Science goals established(Rationalism and GS policy), which might have slowed me a bit.

3. aafritz17

Hey, all, I am in a very busy stretch of RL, positive stuff, just sucking up all my little metabolisms :crazyeye:. So I am gonna take the easy way out here, extend both gauntlets through August. Hope that isn't a problem for anybody, and thanks for your consideration.

4. Zlither

Zlither Warlord

248 - did what I usually do on lower levels (2scouts/shrine/2 scouts OR 3-4 scouts) and abuse all the AIs to get workers and stop them from planting cities.

No mountains sadly, but 4 decent cities. Suspect 1 or 2 more would have been better. Probably should have just take Beijing early. Maybe should have used MT's ability to buy City States, but completely forgot.

I find that rolling for a mountain so tedious... sometimes it completely puts me off of civ. Wish there was an (approved) extension.

Wars when anyone tried to touch my [strikethough]money source[/strikethough] religion. Never trust what an AI says about their religion.

Mods: whole system crash @ 206; all saves available.

zenmaster likes this.
  5. aafritz17