G-Minor CLXXXVII

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Please note - you can choose any of the 20 HOF-eligible maps for your entry.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Diplomacy (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Prince
  • Map Size: Huge
  • Map Type: Any
  • Speed: Quick
  • Leader: Venice (Enrico Dandolo)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 26th May to 25th July 2021
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited:
Well, I gave this one a whirl a few times....last I thought was best, on a Pangea.....but not enough AI civs were smart enough and it took forever to get the diplo vote enacted. Actually lost in a time victory:( Maybe will give it another try....6 days to go. Kind of frustrating though. I could have easily done it as was already set up as ally of nearly all C/S....and had tons of gold to buy any I wasn't when vote came.

Edit: Gave it another try, this time on Inland Lake map.....finally got it done in turn 312.....the AI just doesn't seem smart enough to get half of them to the Atomic era sooner. Anyhow, did it....seemed unbearably long, even on Quick...can only imagine if was longer time setting...yeesh.

Last edited:
Pangaea and Inland Sea are not bad maps for this because there is some sea for Venice to get full benefits from its trade routes and Optics, but I think the Islands maps are a bit better because all trade routes are cargo ships and Optics provides the lighthouse and ocean travel benefits.

I only started playing these in mid-July, so I only got in a Tiny Islands game. It is pretty fun to explore and crank out the cargo ships to grow like crazy and bring in cash.

Pangaea and Inland Sea are not bad maps for this because there is some sea for Venice to get full benefits from its trade routes and Optics, but I think the Islands maps are a bit better because all trade routes are cargo ships and Optics provides the lighthouse and ocean travel benefits.

I only started playing these in mid-July, so I only got in a Tiny Islands game. It is pretty fun to explore and crank out the cargo ships to grow like crazy and bring in cash.
Hey, welcome back!

Here are the results of G-Minor CLXXXVII.

Rank Player Date Turn Score Map
zenmaster 1780 AD 181 1816 Tiny Islands
zlither 1896 AD 218 1995 Small Continents
keg 1930 AD 235 1864 Ice Age
4 AusCG 1964 AD 252 2392 Inland Sea
5 Sir Bugsy 1966 AD 253 1752 Tiny Island
6 billybgame 2031 AD 311 927 Inland Sea

Top Bottom