1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

G-Minor CXCIII

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by aafritz17, Jan 2, 2022.

1. aafritz17

aafritz17 Moderator Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
    • Expansion: Brave New World
    • Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
    • Difficulty: Warlord
    • Map Size: Small
    • Map Type: Arborea
    • Speed: Quick
    • Leader: Iroquois (Hiawatha)
    • Opponents: Any
    • Version: SV8
    • Date: 1st to 31st January 2022
    The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

2. zenmaster

zenmaster King Supporter

Happy New Year! Here's hoping 2022 is happier and healthier for all than 2021.

Tried going Greek liberation culture win, but the conquest is painfully slow with the Arborea map and the quick speed makes it tougher to conquer the first AI civ fast enough. Went with Sacred Sites, as Warlord makes happiness not much of an issue, and the Iroquois usage of forests and jungle as roads in-territory helps keep gold high and lets you move troops around to cover the barbs at the borders.

It is fun to play the Iroquois on a forest map, and the small map/quick speed makes this one very fast and enjoyable. Nice, fun gauntlet!

Good luck on it. I think if someone gets a good Greek liberation effort in, it will triumph in this gauntlet.

3. billybgame

billybgame Prince

I finished this one....turn 195.....would've/could've been far earlier...20-30 turns earlier, but had one pesky AI civ that wasn't into my culture....the Huns....had feeling would take forever if just let things run their course....so decided he had to go....by the time I neared my attack across the seas, I was influential with all but him, and he was still under 60%, so was the right call.

Glad I learned about the Sacred Sites method awhile back...how I never knew in my prior culture efforts before.

What is the Greek liberation effort?

4. aafritz17

5. billybgame

billybgame Prince

6. rickyvaughn

rickyvaughn Chieftain

Turn 88. Hopefully I submitted it correctly. Forgot I needed Civil Service for Open Borders or it would’ve been a few turns faster. Fun game.

7. aafritz17

The following are the results of G-Minor CXCIII. The settings are at the bottom of the page:

Rank Player Date Turn Score
    zenmaster 290 AD 83 2544
    2 cetti 1730 AD 171 3582
    3 billybgame 1845 AD 194 3246

Settings:
    • Expansion: Brave New World
    • Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
    • Difficulty: Warlord
    • Map Size: Small
    • Map Type: Arborea
    • Speed: Quick
    • Leader: Iroquois (Hiawatha)
    • Opponents: Any
    • Version: SV8
    • Date: 1st January to 5th February 2022
    The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

8. zenmaster

zenmaster King Supporter

Hmmm, your game doesn't show up here. But the Hall of Fame itself hasn't updated yet, so maybe it is just delayed?

9. rickyvaughn

rickyvaughn Chieftain

No, I think I submitted when the server was having problems. I didn’t know the difference since it was my first submission. I didn’t save the initial save or others. I think I still have the final, though. It’s no big deal. Fun game. I’ll submit for the current ones. Appreciate you reaching out.