1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

G-Minor CXLVI

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
    • Expansion: Brave New World
    • Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
    • Difficulty: Chieftain
    • Map Size: Small
    • Map Type: Great Plains
    • Speed: Standard
    • Leader: Celts (Boudicca)
    • Opponents: Any
    • Version: SV8
    • Date: 18th June to 1st July 2017
    The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

2. dinanipedro

dinanipedro highlander

I guess this:

Spoiler :

3. Zlither

Zlither Chieftain

After a couple of attempts, my feeling is you'll want to be on a hill, but at least closer to the edge of forested east. It takes too many turns to get units out of the forest.

Happiness was never an issue (production focus after pop 3), so I tried for gold/diamonds/silver if it was there, but any hill will do.

Guess: being in the center of the map, with no civs deep into the east will probably get the best times. Maybe add in horses for later chariot archers. Large bonus for Mt. K. (maybe in 2nd city??)

If you do get religion, I was going for 100$/15% production.

4. dinanipedro

dinanipedro highlander

kilimanjaro speeds up liberty finisher massive

5. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Gauntlet Results:
    G-Minor CXLVI - Culture, Chieftain, Small, Great Plains, Standard, Celts (Boudicca)
    1st zenmaster - 1520 BC T-62
    2nd dinanipedro - 1200 BC T-70
    3rd zlither - 1040 BC T-74

Congratulations!

6. finminer

finminer Chieftain

Still blows my mind how fast these get done. The best I can get is low 200's. How many cities? Are you doing peaceful or just killing everyone?

7. Zlither

Zlither Chieftain

Two cities - original and the free settler in liberty. Scout, monument, archers (plain, composite and/or horse)*n. Maybe one or 2 more scouts if needed to capture multiple cities w/i a few turns of each other. Tech: archery, AH, Construction.

Use Vadalaz's Greek Liberation: Kill off everyone but Greece, gift the first-killed capital to Alex just before finishing him off. He'll resurrect the civ, but they'll have no culture. Use Liberty finisher to culture bomb that civ. On Std speed, must kill first civ (the one that will be gifted) before they hit 100culture.

D's and ZM's time were impressive as they beat any earlier culture win on any setting (std speed; small/normal/large size; any civ) in the charts, at least if I looked them up right. Congrasts dinadipedro and zenmaster.

8. finminer

finminer Chieftain

Thank you! I'll give it a shot!

9. finminer

finminer Chieftain

Not quite as fast as the experts due to some inefficient movement, but I get the strategy and did it on T98! Thanks again!