1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

G-Minor CXLXIX

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
    • Expansion: Brave New World
    • Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
    • Difficulty: Chieftain
    • Map Size: Standard
    • Map Type: Ice Age
    • Speed: Standard
    • Leader: Russia (Catherine)
    • Opponents: Any
    • Version: SV8
    • Date: 5th June to 1st July 2018
    The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

2. billybgame

billybgame Chieftain

I submitted a 1931 win for this....as usual, probably could've been better....but still learning Civ 5, I realize at times.

3. JoeSham

JoeSham Chieftain

Back to Civ5 BNW after 2 years, first try at Cultural victory in BNW. Tried the Sacred Sites strategy and liked it quite a lot, especially since it does not require hardcore science builds.

T123 (200 AD) win. Final turn: 18 cities, +157 Faith, +48 Tourism (pre-modifiers), +140 culture.

Did only a little bit of fighting, I assume a combo strat of wiping out civs + sacred sites could do better. Also I didn't utilize a Concert tour at all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  4. JoeSham

JoeSham Chieftain

Managed to improve it on the next full try: T111 (100 BC) win.

Again sacred sites, 18 cities this time all founded, did almost no fighting except early worker steals. Pretty much ignored science completely, just focused fully on faith and on finding all oppoents fast enough. Late game focused on getting as many tourism multipliers as possible - open borders with everyone, trade routes with top 3, shared religion with top 2 civs.

Attached Files:

5. finminer

finminer Chieftain

Can't figure out how you found 18 cities in 111 turns, with no science yet getting to Civil Service. That's a city every 5 turns, basically. At standard speed, I'm hitting 13+ turns. I know I'm a **** player, but best I can do is about 7-8 at that point.

6. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Gauntlet Results:
    G-Minor CXLXIX - Culture, Chieftain, Standard, Ice Age, Standard, Russia (Catherine)

1st JoeSham - 100 BC T-111
    2nd tagger2013 - 960 AD T-158
    3rd aafritz17 - 1080 AD T-168