G-Minor CXLXV

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Large Islands
  • Speed: Standard
  • Leader: Portugal (Maria I)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 3rd February to 1st March 2018
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

So Vadalaz, will it be greek liberation or sacred sites ?

I think AIs spawning on your starting island is really rare on this map script? Even if you manage to roll such a map, you'd have to kill that AI before they get 100 culture AND kill everyone else faster than a good Sacred Sites finish time. Might be doable, but too improbable to bother trying in my opinion. I submitted a Sacred Sites game.

May i ask how fast you finished ? on my third attempt, i have pushed it back to turn 160 sofar.

Damn, thats fast. It even rivals your polynesia record on king...
I have been going for Desert pantheon i must admit.
Surely you had some luck also ? sailing in a hut, and after optics, 1-2 prophets in huts ?

Well, my starting island was very good, it had 6 or 7 Gems tiles if I remember correctly. In my experience the biggest luck factor in this kind of game is what the AIs decide to do though. In my game I had only one AI go Tradition and it was Genghis, so the top total culture to beat wasn't that high. Gifting Mongolia a city and sending a trade route was enough to time things well. Overcoming the second best culture actually took a couple of turns longer in the end.

Hmmm. Less than 3 times his. Hey, I'm getting more gooder!

Top Bottom