1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

G-Minor LII

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Peets, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Peets

Peets Emperor Hall of Fame Staff

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
    Settings:
    • Expansion: Gods & Kings + DLC
    • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
    • Difficulty: Settler
    • Map Size: Standard
    • Map Type: Highlands
    • Speed: Standard
    • Leader: China (Wu Zetian)
    • Opponents: Any
    • Version: SV8
    • Date: 1st to 15th May 2013
    The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

2. kirbdog

kirbdog King

There can be only one! :D

3. vexing

vexing knows

ckn -> gatling rush ftw ;)

huzzah, no petra =D

4. kirbdog

kirbdog King

Do you like to use Oxford for Industrialization or do you save it for Dynamite? :scan:

5. dinanipedro

dinanipedro highlander

Connor 'The Highlander' MacLeod

6. Salomo

Salomo Warlord

Better Petra reroll stupidity than having to make&break deals on the broder of breaking the anti-exploit rules, as usualy the case for domination games.

7. TyfoonTurk

TyfoonTurk Warlord

arid, scattered, thin and small lakes?

what's the setting for less mountains?

8. TyfoonTurk

TyfoonTurk Warlord

first try t67

winning game will be below 50

9. kirbdog

kirbdog King

5 million years.

10. The Pilgrim

The Pilgrim Deity

Probably not a problem on settler. :crazyeye:
    Ruin rerolls ftw! Gotta love HoF. :p

11. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

I seriously doubt the winner will be any where near that advanced in tech. On Settler difficulty I expect a CB rush to win it all.

12. kirbdog

kirbdog King

Fixed that for you.

13. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

Naw...I think archers will take the first 2-3 AI players, but to take out a standard sized map they will be upgraded to CB (Construction comes rather quick).

14. vexing

vexing knows

ruins shouldn't have a large impact on this one... center of map rerolls ftw =p

15. The Pilgrim

The Pilgrim Deity

I assume they might. Based on my (very superficial) knowledge of highlands maps, many capitals will be on hills. Scarchers and CB's should speed things up considerably. Dodging settlers and workers can be a problem though. :crazyeye:
    Centered start is a given.

16. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

It's official, the We are Family achievement is broken. After giving up on trying to get it some months back, the achievement popped while I was playing this Gauntlet. My religion was the only religion in the world, and it hadn't even spread to my other cities, much less every capital on the map. Oh well, one more achievement down!

On a different note, this Gauntlet is much more tedious than I had expected. It is turning out to be more of a hunt through a maze of mountain ranges than anything else. I haven't even found all of the other civs, but when I do I kill them (or at least take the capital) in short order. The game is taking significantly longer because I have to back track through rough terrain as I find dead ends in the maze.

17. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

I've never experienced this before. Egypt is completely surrounded by mountains!

Spoiler :

18. vexing

vexing knows

guess you need to wait for paratroopers...
    if you want to compete, go to advanced options and choose scattered and thin

19. DarkSim

DarkSim Chieftain

First try 100 turns. 67 seems like it'll be hard for me to beat, but at least it's a relatively short game. I can't imagine a sub-50 game!

20. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

That is actually what I am thinking of doing. Too much time invested in the game so far. I will switch gears and go for a heavy :c5science: focus. I think these is still one more AI to find in the bottom center of the map as well, but I haven't found a way through those mountains yet either. I think there might be a lack I can swim my troop across though. That is what happened with the Inca in the lower left. I needed to embark to get to them, but my troops did not have the ability to embark. I had to march them all back to Seoul in the middle of the map to get the embarkation promotion and then back down to the Inca, crossing the one tile lake one unit at a time. This has been a very tedious game!