G-Minor CXCVIII

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Science (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Settler
  • Map Size: Small
  • Map Type: Frontier
  • Speed: Standard
  • Leader: America (Washington)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 1st to 31st July 2022 EDIT: Extended through 8/20/22
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited:
Submitted a 216 but it's very unoptimized. Overshot my science with like 30k trying to maximize it. Sub 200 is probably possible with the start.

Last edited:
239 for me. Jungle is a blessing and a curse. Production queue constantly backed up and didn’t get food caravans going quick enough.

Sub-200 is extremely possible on a Frontier map on Settler level. If you get the right situation, you can play a Liberty/Tradition hybrid start and still get to Space Procurement in the Freedom Ideology in good time.

@rickyvaughn I love Jungle Science games when you are in one of those mountainous jungle areas with a lot of bananas around. Usually enough hills to build cities on and clear for production. I agree jungles on plainer terrain are a dual edged sword and usually less than ideal.

Guess I have educating to do....I just finished turn 327.....had a huge civ, even had jungles.....though maybe could have done better going for more GS with religion instead of Pagodas and Mosques with my untold # of cities.

Problem is, see I can't submit my game today?

Attachments

• Washington_0327 AD-1907.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Problem is, see I can't submit my game today?
Correct, they are moving the HOF (all of them, I through VI) and the GOTMs to a new server. Supposed to be back up sometime Monday.

Two things:
First, this gauntlet has been extended through Friday, 8/05/22.
Second, they ran into a snag moving the HOF over to the new server. Guess it's going to take some coding, so they will do that this week, then try moving again next weekend. So I may not do an update next weekend, either. Keep playing any games, regardless of the current "8/05/22" deadline. I have to put SOMETHING in that field, but, in the end, we will include any games you play for the gauntlets.

I’ve got a good one going, I think. 216 still the time to beat?
My first submission was a T192 win, and then I was able to beat that with a better start.

As @Cromagnus used to often say, Settler Science wins are all about growth. Happiness is not an issue at all. Grow, grow, and grow some more, as quickly as possible with
as many cities as you can lay down quickly, the more the better. There is a timing point where you are best off stopping planting cities and getting the ones you built going strong to get the superfast win times-- Somewhere in the T60s to T80s depending on your geography. A good liberty start with some sea cargo routes, and you should be cooking with gas.

The following are the results of G-Minor CXCVIII. The settings are at the bottom of the page:
RankPlayerDateTurnScore
gold[1].png
zenmaster1180 AD1786877
silver[1].png
zlither1470 AD2074607
bronze[1].png
Emtee1530 AD2164437
4ntp01241595 AD2293540
5aafritz171670 AD2446154
6superman328701775 AD2652777
7billybgame1907 AD3275410

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Science (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Settler
  • Map Size: Small
  • Map Type: Frontier
  • Speed: Standard
  • Leader: America (Washington)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 1st July to 22nd August 2022
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited:
I edited the above results-post, trying to get a better looking table. Took some work, still can't adjust the column widths, but I guess it'll do for now.

Top Bottom