1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

G-Minor XLIX

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Salomo

Salomo Warlord

Made my first G&K culture victory - Inca sub 190

2. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

...now I have shaved another 15 turns to 203 and dropped from 11th to 15th!!!

3. Peets

Peets Emperor Hall of Fame Staff

A lot of good last moment entries :)

4. Xger

Xger Prince

Ya I went from 3rd (early on) to 8th after shaving 8 turns off. I gave up trying though, I got sick of doing a dozen rerolls, having something tragic happen on the 13th and then starting over with a dozen rerolls. I have no idea how some people are getting the times they are. I personally would love to see a write up on how the sub 170's vexing was talking about managed it.

5. vexing

vexing knows

to briefly sumarize, i just leveraged petra to spam wonders and ally cultural CS. when i had the pop for it, it was giving me +18 food/production/gold or more.

i played as arabia - desert start bias ftw. under the same start persia or korea should do much better, but i didn't want to do the 100s of rerolls needed.
    i played 2 games, the first i screwed up significantly by annexing a couple conquered cities instead of puppeting, and it wasn't a great start anyway. i finished about 175.
    second game, i had the amazing start i posted a screenshot of earlier. i moved a couple turns to settle next to the mountain, surrounded by river desert hills. i had marble and barringer happened to be in my borders too.
    i found a culture ruin very early so didn't build monument, went scout scout, also got a warrior-> spear upgrade so did significant early bullying to rush buy stuff.
    policies were tradition -> legalism -> landed elite -> aristocracy -> monarchy -> finish tradition -> all of piety -> most of patronage (including get great persons) -> all of freedom -> all of liberty -> finish patronage
    religion i took desert folklore (obviously), +15% production bonus, cathedrals, 2 faith per foreign city, faith for gp expending

16 desert folklore
    32 GL
    40 religion founded
    43 TOA
    49 petra
    51 golden age
    55 hanging gardens
    58 stonehenge
    61 masusoleum
    65 chichen itza
    67 oracle - golden age
    73 great mosque
    75 terracotta army
    78 great wall
    85 hagia sophia
    88 angkor wat
    91 alhambra
    93 machu picchu
    94 declare war on gandhi - 5 culture, 3 maritime, 2 religious allies declare with me
    98 capture mumbai
    99 sistine chapel
    102 golden age and capture delhi (killing gandhi - yay)
    106 forbidden palace
    113 taj mahal
    118 porcelain tower
    121 louvre
    124 leaning tower
    129 eiffel tower
    131 big ben
    135 kremlin / declare war on egypt

6. Neuro

Neuro Warlord

I wonder if I have time to do one more attempt. Not sure I could beat my 161 (third place, I'm astounded by whatever 1st and 2nd got), but I might give it a shot.

What timezone is the cutoff in?

7. vexing

vexing knows

cutoff is whenever one of the hof admins runs the scripts

8. Xger

Xger Prince

Thanks for the run down. Some questions:
    How did you build Petra in 6 turns not in a golden age? My best capitols can manage 11, 9 with a GA, but 6 seems ridiculous.
    Not really a question here, more just impressed. I've only had one map with 5 culture CS's. 10 allies at turn 94 just seems like a lot. I don't have a record but my hunch is that I usually have 4-6, and anytime I've had 8+ at the point it was with 3 military ones that I got just by hanging out.

The other question: Did you found any cities outside of Mecca?

9. DarkSim

DarkSim Chieftain

How did you manage to get the army together without military allies? Presumably you had some as friends, but 10 allies AND some military friends? That's a hell of a start! And barringer by chance as well... :crazyeye:

10. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Retired Moderator

Results:

G-Minor XLIX - Culture, Prince, Large, Rainforest, Quick, Any Leader [G&K] (check options)
    1st vexing - 1655 AD T-156
    2nd HideInLight - 1660 AD T-157
    3rd Neuro - 1680 AD T-161

Congratulations!

11. vexing

vexing knows

marble's nearly equivalent to a GA. i had about 19 overflow from ToA and this was my turn 43:

petra is only 167 hammers on quick, so with overflow 6 turns only requires about 25 hammers. i rush bought the stone works, and probably rush bought a water mill before petra finished.

exploring and good quest luck is all it takes. here was my CS list at turn 43:

i completed the majority of those camp clearing requests.

i bought and built some camel archers, and upgraded my early archers to crossbows. it really doesn't take much to overpower the AI on prince.

Attached Files:

12. HideInLight

HideInLight Warlord

By 1 turn again vexing? :/
    Congratz!

13. Neuro

Neuro Warlord

Yeah, I coulda shaved 5 turns off with Marble as well =)