1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

G-Minor XXIII

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

Maybe in the next expansion who knows?

2. tyzm

tyzm Chieftain

There is also an option "legendary start" for resources. Am I allowed to use this option? It feels like cheating and I don't want to be disqualified after my game ;)

3. vexing

vexing knows

nope, resources must be set to standard. see the hof rules.

4. FeiLing

FeiLing Chieftain

t336... that was bad :D

I probably shouldn't have sent out the Jaguars alone but in pairs so they actually survive when I suddenly face 2-3 barbs at once. That would have enabled me to farm the barbs near CS to gain influence which I was barely able to in that game. But that would have been a huge difference.

Was fun nevertheless. Going Honor --> Rationalism --> and finally Patronage at the very end is something quite different from the usual playstyle (about always Liberty).

5. vexing

vexing knows

meh, i screwed up the end of my game; missed that an RA partner was getting wiped out, missed double popping engineer with scientist, etcetera. the price for playing somewhat inebriated.

i played two games that ended up nearly the same. first was with raging barbs second was without. i think the raging barbs game went better in that people were a lot less interested in declaring war on me. anyone else have feelings on the raging barb front?

i also went with one city for this as a challenge, and just beelined through tradition. since i was doing that, i was always looking for spots where i could settle next to a riverside mountain which made it pretty reroll intensive.

6. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Results:

G-Minor XXIII - Diplomacy, Prince, Standard, Highlands, Standard, Aztec (Montezuma)
    Revised - Forgot to clear the queue. Sorry.
    1st khrax - 1270 AD T-187
    2nd vexing - 1440 AD T-204
    3rd Tabarnak - 1510 AD T-212

Congratulations!