Gabara (30th August 2007)

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
A very campy Kaiju. I actually enjoyed making it. I began it right after Final Goji and finished it yesterday. A dozen hours of rendering and here he comes to kick your dream.

No slippery feet this time. ;)

It's for Amesjustin's Modzilla.

Download

Model by Scott Ayers.

I've tested it in game, and... I love it! :love: Superb, Supa!!! :goodjob:
That death anim is particularily impressive (as was the death of Final Goji).
You're putting in a lot of love in killing your darlings, n'est-ce pas? :D

Edit: Oh yeah, no mud skating for this baby. Nice dry feet! (I sound like a fetishist...)

Thanks for the comments, guys. :)

Did that death take a long time?

Not really actually. Maybe less than an hour from the idea to the final animation.

So.. he`s actually a lil` dude?

He appears in one movie only where he bullies MiniZilla (or another Godzilla's offspring) in the dreams of a young japanese boy. Thus its status is unclear.. Dream, real Kaiju ? I decided to do a mix of both: A Kaiju physicly existing when this young psychic boy dreams of him.

You're putting in a lot of love in killing your darlings, n'est-ce pas?

In Modzilla, they're supposed to be almost unique. Only a few of each running around. So I think their death should be a little memorable. :)

MMMM..mmmm.MMMM...:) It is good but...:( Why do you always make monsters from Godzilla and not from mythology???:( Anyways if you do make another Godzilla monster make Mothra???:mwaha:

Thanks again for the comments!

Why do you always make monsters from Godzilla and not from mythology???

Because I want to. :)

Anyways if you do make another Godzilla monster make Mothra???

Errr.. Check my sig.

I thank you too!!;) But seriously there are way too many monsters from Godzilla and King Kong!!:( So make some historical units and mythical monsters okay:) Or you can make Transformers: Robots in Disguise:borg:.

Well, I do like the Kaijus, I like their campy and, sometimes, original look. And they aren't too many of them until Amesjustin tell me so. ;-)

Historical units.. Meh, I don't know enough to pull out a true-to-reality historical unit or even a realistic what-if unit. More, I like the giant scale that allow more detail, even if I don't bother with clothes.

Mythical monsters would interest me but, beyond the "wow" factor of having a known figure coming to Civ-3, I don't see any projects needing them.

Transformers.. Meh. I'm not a fan of any of the series and even if someone found a posable model, it would be a headache to animate. So no.

This one's great - looks really good!

He appears in one movie only where he bullies MiniZilla (or another Godzilla's offspring) in the dreams of a young japanese boy.

I remember that film. One of the worst I've ever seen... Truly awful that the original Gojira, which was really interesting and thoughtful, should have spawned such woeful sequels - at least some of the series were good, but not that one!

Supa, at risk of pulling you out of retirement, can I make a (hopefully) small request here?

Currently I have Gabara available to all factions - to the humans towards the end with an advanced Dreams Can Come True tech (cue Freddy Krueger), to the Xiliens with Kaiju Cloning, and and to the Kaiju pretty early on. The death you have here is perfect for the Human civs, but not so much for the Xilien and Kaiju, as I would like him to just... well, die. :)

Basically I would just like another Death animation for the non-human civs. If not, I can make it work without it.

This makes some sense since Gabara was in Final Wars as a "real" kaiju.

Gabara was in Final War ? In the stock footage portion, surely.

But yes, it's a perfectly sound request. I'm sure I've still got the files, I'll do it. :)

Edit: Since I've updated Gabara in the Atomic Labs thread, please post your future comments there.

Top Bottom