Gaddafi is BOMBING LIBYA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they woudl have to be extremely accurate, and the risk of collateral damage is too high.

And I suppose the Americans care about the Libyans?

No, they don't, which is why we're not there.

And I don't really care whether people like us or not. When you have military power, you can use it to do the right thing, save countless people's lives, and make numerous people happier and in better living conditions; all whether they like it or not.

i still support interventionism. who cares if america is seen as imperialist? they ARE an imperial power, if not in name.

Their history books will inspire them a lot more if they did it, instead of us.

Yes, a lot of them will die, but in the end it will bring them together more than us putting our hand in it.

No, they don't, which is why we're not there.

And I don't really care whether people like us or not. When you have military power, you can use it to do the right thing, save countless people's lives, and make numerous people happier and in better living conditions; all whether they like it or not.

*snicker*

Well, the revolters just lost any respect I had for them for standing up to Quaddafi. Apparently they are yelling "Quaddafi, you're a Jew" and such, as though being a Jew is a bad thing. So screw 'em.

It is a bigoted thing to say, but that does not diminish their cause. Gaddafi is a murderer and has no right to lead anyone.

Well, the revolters just lost any respect I had for them for standing up to Quaddafi. Apparently they are yelling "Quaddafi, you're a Jew" and such, as though being a Jew is a bad thing. So screw 'em.

Its better to kill your own citizens than to call your leader a jew? :lol:

Apparently, Gaddafi may very well be "a Jew".

http://jewishrefugees.blogspot.com/2009/10/was-gaddafi-jew.html

First, President Ahmadinejad was claimed - if only briefly - to have Jewish roots, now it's the turn of President Gaddafi of Libya. But while there is little substance to Ahmadinejad's Jewish origins, Gaddafi may well be Jewish enough to help make up a minyan.

Israeli TV recently interviewed two Israeli women of Libyan origin. To be fair, rumours that Gaddafi has Jewish origins have been around for some time.

Rachel Saada and Guita Brown are related to Muamar Gaddafi. Guita's grandmother was the sister of Gaddafi's grandmother. She, a Jewess, had left her husband for a Libyan sheikh. They had a daughter: Gaddafi's mother. That makes Gaddafi halachically Jewish.

However, as the learned professor wheeled in to give her take on the matter says, it is all hearsay and there is no actual proof.
And although the older interviewee claims, 'Gaddafi never said a word against the Jews,' a family tie with the old rogue and madman is not exactly something most would be proud of.

Note to those who come to this site seeking to discredit Gaddafi because of his Jewish grandmother: I would remind you that Gaddafi had three MUSLIM grandparents. Gaddafi himself was responsible for the total ethnic cleansing of Libya of its ancient Jewish population, their persecution and dispossession. You can keep him! If he ever evoked his 'right of return' to Israel he would be arrested and tried for war crimes.

And you had better not be pointing out how many of the protestors are likely just as wacky as Gaddafi is. They are pacifist freedom fighters now. So even they were anti-Semitic terrorists before, they no longer are.

No, but to show such hatred for God's chosen people doesn't exactly endear them in my eyes.

Your judgment of an entire population based on what you saw in a news clip doesn't exactly endear you in my eyes.

I agree. Let's keep all this on a secular level instead of bringing religion-inspired hatred into it.

Wouldn't know. Turned Borat off after about 5-10 minutes. One of the stupidest movies I ever had the displeasure of starting.

We again find common ground.

Wouldn't know. Turned Borat off after about 5-10 minutes. One of the stupidest movies I ever had the displeasure of starting.

It is not the best example of Jewish humour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom