1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gaelic Warrior and Macemen upgrade

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by DeaExMachina, Jan 9, 2008.

1. DeaExMachina

DeaExMachina Warlord

Is there a way to continue to construct Gaelic Warriors after you gain access to Macemen? I've been trying to experiment with Gaelic Warriors and Crossbowmen with Guerrilla III for the 50% withdrawal but I can't achieve it if I'm producing Macemen.

2. MyOtherName

MyOtherName Emperor

What's wrong with building a Dun?

3. Julian Delphiki

Julian Delphiki Anton's key

It doesn't give guerrilla to units that cannot get it and it's not available for melee units. Gaellic warriors are exception and start with it - dun does not affect them.

4. MyOtherName

MyOtherName Emperor

Ah, that's good to know.

5. Gooblah

Gooblah Heh...

Hmm. A Unit is only obsolete (can't build it) after all resources and techs necessary to build its upgrades (in this case, Macemen, so Iron, Civil Service, and Machinery) are gotten by the Civ. Thus, you can stave off learning Civil Service or Machinery and still build Gaelic Warriors; then, use a Great Merchant on a trade mission, research Machinery, and upgrade them all to Guerilla III maces.

6. PimpyMicPimp

PimpyMicPimp Regrets His Username.

That's odd, since having Machinery and Civil service allow Rome to build Macemen, and still make Praets. Odd.

7. obliterate

obliterate Warrior Monk

Just don't research civil service. Crossbowmen only require machinery to be built.