Gaia Mod

Bhruic

Emperor
The Gaia mod adds a new Climate option to game creation. This Climate change will affect any compatible map (some maps, like Hub, have skewed climate settings, which will be unaffected) causing them to be generated without any desert, tundra or ice land squares (ice can still appear on water squares).

While this ensures that all land squares are usable (barring Mountains), it does have the side-effect of removing some luxuries from the game (ones that require desert, tundra or ice to exist). Note, no resource that impacts units is removed.

Gaia should NOT be installed in your main Civ IV location, as it will overwrite necessary files. Instead, it should be installed at: "My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4".

Bh

Attachments

• Gaia-v0.1.zip
    173.3 KB · Views: 320
Not to sound like a real noob, but what does installing it into "My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4" do? When does the game call up that info? Can this and your other files simply be incorporated into Mods which are in the ...Civilization4\Mods area?

It needs to be in the MODS folder, not just the civ4 folder.

Putting it into "My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4" (it gets installed into the "Custom Assets" folder) means that it doesn't have to be loaded separately. The new Climate option will be available from either of the 'normal' game start options.

For simple mods like this, I find that option to be preferable.

Bh

Great idea! (Yes, I am fully aware of the extreme lateness of this post). Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom