1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Galactic Civilizations III Released!

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Island Dog, May 14, 2015.

1. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

Happy GalCiv 3 launch day!

We have officially launched and thank you for your continued support. :)

2. Mesix

Mesix Sweet Alex

Awesome! Gonna give it a try.

Did Kael have anything to do with the design?

3. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

I was not a big fan of I and II, though I own all, except the last pack for II. I do like what I have seen of III and will probably have to give it a shot.

4. Mesix

Mesix Sweet Alex

So far this game is a lemon. It stops working within the first few minutes every time I try. The came doesn't crash to desktop, but the GUI stops functioning although the music continues to play.

So far, tech support hasn't helped much either. Perhaps a patch will fix what ails Galactic Civ III. At the moment, it is bringing back bad memories of MOO3.

5. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

I do not recall Moo3 crashing or hanging on me, even to this year. Issues a plenty, but it did play fine for me. I have had a lot of computers over the time, since Moo3 came out and it worked on all of them.

Wish I could say that about all my games, lol.

6. BvBPL

BvBPL Pour Decision Maker

When it works it is pretty swell but it crashes a lot. The recent one point oh one patch helped stability.

7. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Chieftain

I have a laptop that plays civ5 and BE just fine but GalcivIII is really slow and stutters. It also takes a long time to load. In order for the game to be smooth, I reduced the graphics to low performance, turned off the music and play on a small map. Then, it ran just fine with no stuttering or crashes. Gameplay wise, it is a great strategy game. The best part of the game is the world building. The aliens are interesting and the moral choices add a lot of atmosphere to the game.

8. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

The 1.1 update was released this week which brings Steam Workshop support and a bunch of bug fixes and various improvements in the game. We also launched the first Map Pack DLC. :)

Full changelog is here: http://forums.galciv3.com/467453

9. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

The 1.3 and 1.31 updates were released recently that brought a lot of changes to the game, especially in the areas of micromanagement. New planetary governors, improved ship and fleet management, and a variety of fixes in improvements.

1.3 changelog
    1.31 changelog

10. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Chieftain

I got it last night, but not sure if I will keep it. The game keeps freezing in the tutorial. I only had a short time to look at it last night. It might be because I am at the minimum for memory (4gigs). I might try using lower settings,etc as posted above. I don't know if the tutorial is based on a map too big for my machine. I probably won't get a chance to look at it again till Friday or Saturday. I saw the debugging post on the other forum. I don't want to go thru all that. I did not see a specific suggestion for the freezing issue I have. I am open to suggestions and advice.

11. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

Yours was the 10th post in the thread and 4 of them were from the publisher. Not the best place to come to get help on GC3. Maybe Steam community.

12. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

The big Diplomatic feature update and Precursor Worlds DLC is out today! :)

Info and changelog: http://forums.galciv3.com/473700/

13. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

14. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

The Builder's Kit DLC is out today. :)

New Ship Parts
    Use dozens of core and specialized parts in shapes like disks, boxes, cockpits, fins, and more!

New Labeling Options
    Use letters and numbers to enhance your ship designs and show off your creative names!

New Ship Style Set
    The new Raider style allows you to outfit your custom factions with a new look to their starbases, shipyards, and more!

http://forums.galciv3.com/477524/

15. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

The Galactic Civilizations III v1.8 update is out today with asteroid mining, ship leveling, improved multiplayer, and more. :)

Info and changelog: http://forums.galciv3.com/477869/

16. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

Rise of the Terrans DLC is here!

More info: http://forums.galciv3.com/477926/

Rise of the Terrans includes:

17. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

The v1.81 update is available today. This update focuses on UI and AI, along with various other fixes and improvements to the game. :)

Full changelog: http://forums.galciv3.com/478793/

18. Island Dog

Island Dog Chieftain

New Lost Treasures DLC for Galactic Civilizations III is out today. :)

More details: http://forums.galciv3.com/478671/