Galleon can carry more than one treasure.

Desert-Fox

King
Is it a bug or feature that galleons can carry more than one treasure?
I've loaded 2 treasures and voila. But if it is feature then why mercantmen can't carry treasures.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 146
Known "programming oversight" - The mod Dale is building lets you assign 6 cargo spaces to treasure to satisfy the game "logic"

As many of those as you get from exploring, it would really be a pain in the butt to take each back to Europe individually, especially since it can't be automated. I'd usually rather just take my easy 50%.

I've modified my solution slightly, so there are two tags in Civ4UnitInfos.xml now. The original iRequiredTransportSize tag which works as previously to define the size of ship that the unit needs to be loaded on (ie: treasure has 6 for this value). I have added a second tag iBerthSize which defines how many spaces the unit takes on a ship. I have set by default all units size 1 (if tag not defined in the xml) and specified a treasure of size 6.

So a treasure has iRequiredTransportSize & iBerthSize == 6, which means the ship must have 6 berths to qualify as a transport for that unit, and to physically load there must be at least 6 berths. You could set 6 & 1 for the tags to specify that a treasure requires a ship of at least 6 cargo holds (a galleon) and that it physically takes 1 berth on the ship when loaded (meaning you can load other units).

This fixes the bug, but allows specification of transport minimum size, and physical cargo size of the unit. :)

I assumed that this is intented feature; you get a much more treasures nowadays than in Col1 (or am I dreaming), where the treasures took all cargo places of Galleon. So to balance it out, I assumed that it was intentional decision to allow treasures to be placed to take only one gargo place.

Plus, considering balance, it would be waste of time to take your 1000g treasure to homeland, if the alternate option would be to take full shipment of basicly any goods you create (surely the price of the goods easily goes over the worth of any single treasure).

I don't see a problem. Changed from Col1, but imo there are logical reasons why to justify this modification (even if it is unintented).

I assumed that this is intented feature; you get a much more treasures nowadays than in Col1 (or am I dreaming), where the treasures took all cargo places of Galleon. So to balance it out, I assumed that it was intentional decision to allow treasures to be placed to take only one gargo place.

Plus, considering balance, it would be waste of time to take your 1000g treasure to homeland, if the alternate option would be to take full shipment of basicly any goods you create (surely the price of the goods easily goes over the worth of any single treasure).

I don't see a problem. Changed from Col1, but imo there are logical reasons why to justify this modification (even if it is unintented).

But it doesn't make sence then that only galleons can transport treasures because now they have just the most capacity... 6 spaces. But if they could carry 2 then Merchantman would carry it too because it has 4 spaces. But I've transported 4 treasures so caravels should have room for it. It is your choice to pay to king to transport or carry it yourself.

Maybe the intent was that you have to buy a Galleon to be able to transport treasure, regardless of slots available?

I think it adds something to the fantasy... a big, slow, ship, just waiting to get hit by pirates.

Maybe the intent was that you have to buy a Galleon to be able to transport treasure, regardless of slots available?

I think it adds something to the fantasy... a big, slow, ship, just waiting to get hit by pirates.

Yeah, I have no trouble in imagining, that for reasons not visible due to game mechanics simplification, you need Galleon to transport treasures, but you can load many of them inside (taking the same slot ammount than any other goods).

I've done that in the fix. I've left iRequireTransportSize to define the size of the ship required (6 for treasure meaning galleon) and exposed the hard-coded "1" in a new tag called iBerthSize which defines the number of slots requires on the ship. :)

Best compromise for both sides of the argument. :)

Top Bottom