Galley Attacking Spearmen?

Yea, it's an actual ship itself that attacks a defending land unit in a coastal city. And IIRC, it happens with naval power units, I don't remember it ever happening with naval transports.
I've seen it be the regular Galley in an unmodded game.

In another of my scenarios (Africa During the Cold War), I found that one civ in particular (NATO) had a penchant for doing this to a specific other civ (Morocco) whenever I played as the latter, though I have not been able to narrow down what caused it.

I must also testify to this weird occurance. Through me for loop the first time I saw it. Thought i was having computer problems. Needless to say, I went to bed soon after.

This has never happened to me so far. How very strange…

I have had it happen with the Dromon, but that is both a naval power unit and a naval transport unit. Any chance that the computer is for some reason reading the Galley as a naval power unit as well as a naval transport unit?

Has this ever happened with a unit that is only a naval power unit?

I must also testify to this weird occurance. Through me for loop the first time I saw it. Thought i was having computer problems. Needless to say, I went to bed soon after.

LOL! :lol:

I've seen it happen too while playtesting my mod, and I believe it was with a unit that has both naval power and transport flags.

This has never happened to me in almost ten years of playing 100's of games.

I must have avoided the configuration you are using.

Can you post a screen shot of the editor page for the Galley.

Regular Civ Vanilla galley.

I've seen it be the regular Galley in an unmodded game.

In another of my scenarios (Africa During the Cold War), I found that one civ in particular (NATO) had a penchant for doing this to a specific other civ (Morocco) whenever I played as the latter, though I have not been able to narrow down what caused it.

Virote_Considon, did your NATO-ship also have the limitation options "sinks in sea" and "sinks in ocean"? Both reported ships (the Galley and the CCM Galleasse) had these limitations.

Top Bottom