Galleys to Galleasses?

Lancers (and Anti-tank Guns) are basically a cruel punishment for those deliciously strong early pikes that are so tempting to over-build.

I am realizing how true this is in my current game where I did over-build said pikes. :)

Ottoman Ironclads are absolute beasts in industrial era naval battles...try it sometime. Almost twice as strong as privateers, and if you have move boosts from Exploration and Great Lighthouse, they are VERY fast in coastal waters...don't forget that Ironclads come with +33% city attack as well...

Crus8r

So what does that have to do with Ottomans though? Any civ can build Ironclads.

So what does that have to do with Ottomans though? Any civ can build Ironclads.
Yes, but only Ottoman Ironclads have the prize ability! And unlike privateers, Ottoman builds Ironclads and Destroyers with ship attack promotion rather than the city-oriented one.

Sadly, the DCL game (as well as my previous run with Ottoman) has very little coal...

Beetle gets it...

the fact that the Privateer comes with Prize Ships means the UA is mostly only relevant before Navigation.

and correcting your error, here...not to mention that 1/3 upkeep on Naval only gets better as unit maintenance rises over time.

Crus8r

Top Bottom