Game 6-4 Iroquois - Now Available to Play

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
The game 6-4 of the Sixth Season of Medal Play is now available to play.

This game plays on the Gotm21 Game packs without any additional modifications and is a standard game without substantive added features. You will find the map an interesting combination of randomly generated features and selectively add character. Enjoy!!

Remember that this game has a designated objective of fastest victory by Conquest for the blood thirsty savages that may be lingering out there in all of us.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/game64_iroquois.shtml

so can someone explain to me what the difference between conquest, open, and predator classes are?

i see the little list saying that the difficulties are all different, but is that it?

I've just recently started playing civ3 a bit after not having played it in like 2+ years. (i play tribes 2 competatively, and that sucks a lot of time). I've been playing random maps on regent i think (the third from the hardest) and doing ok i think. i've never tried to play on anything higher than that though.

TIA

Originally posted by jsut
so can someone explain to me what the difference between conquest, open, and predator classes are?

i see the little list saying that the difficulties are all different, but is that it?

I've been playing random maps on regent i think (the third from the hardest) and doing ok i think. i've never tried to play on anything higher than that though.

Yes, they have different levels, conquest = Monarch in this game, which you should try. For GOTM there are also other additions such as extra gold and workers, but these plain Tournament games seem to only have a different difficulty level.

Conquest is the easiest, running on Regent/Monarch. Open is the default level that varies between Monarch and Emperor (?). Predator is generally Emperor/Deity without starting bonuses and usually with raging barbarians. That's for people who want additional challenge.

I'm currently playing this now...good fun. Incidentally, this is the first time I've played predator, and I would say that although in some ways tougher, if you're pretty good and going for high scores/quick wins - the quicker tech pace of higher levels might actually be better... correct me if i'm wrong more experienced guys :)

Time for more newb questions. :)

I've got conquests but it looks like there are separate directorys for civ3, ptw, and conquests. Can I install the needed game packs in the civ3 or ptw directories without screwing up conquests?

Once installed are the game packs effects included in every game played from the directory (civ3 or ptw) they were installed in?

Thanks!
G

Gwartok,

The answer is "I think so". We are not providing any real technical support or evaluation of C3C at this time. Firaxis has deliberately chosen to exclude us from the loop that would address these technical issues.

I believe that if you install the game packs for the PTW versions of the game, they are designed to only impact the scenrio type choices that you might make in PTW and should have no bearing on C3Conquests and vice versa.

Originally posted by cracker
I believe that if you install the game packs for the PTW versions of the game, they are designed to only impact the scenrio type choices that you might make in PTW and should have no bearing on C3Conquests and vice versa.
It even works for vanilla civ versions. I've installed C3Conquest over a working 1.29f + gotm25 installation, and both C3C and gotm work perfectly. Just make sure to start the gotm games via the old civ3 icon (out of the main civ3 dir), with the old civ3 cd inserted.

Quite annoying however is the fact that the C3C installation does NOT override any graphic mods for vanilla civ. I've Snoopy's installed, can't find backup files anymore, and now can't play with the original terrain. Looks like I have to install everything anew, and then perhaps donwload all the PTW gotm files...:mad:

EDIT on C3C+GOTM: I just noticed some weird graphic (icons) bugs in the civiliopedia, as well as some broken diplomacy phrases :mad:. However there don't seem to be any game relevant problems...at least for now...I'll now try to reinstall the gotm diplomacy.txt

O.k. Since we have a new regime in place. I thought I would grab the honour of writing the first whiney post. Although I am sure Ainwood will have recieved about 200 or so already via PM.
Here goes - Why O Why Isn't the spoiler thread for the Iroquois game posted yet?

Originally posted by samildanach
O.k. Since we have a new regime in place. I thought I would grab the honour of writing the first whiney post. Although I am sure Ainwood will have recieved about 200 or so already via PM.
Here goes - Why O Why Isn't the spoiler thread for the Iroquois game posted yet?
:blush: Sorry!

Posted now. :)

Top Bottom