Game crashes, abnormal termination, on startup. Please help

matislia

Chieftain
Installed CTP on new computer with XP (first game install on the pc). After install, click play and receive error: Your game terminated abruptly. Report problem to Activision? CRC: 4FF7-C61B

Please help. If there are downloads/updates I need, I'll try them. Thx.

Moderator Action: Moved to the CTP Series forum.

having the same problem, if you're still on. help would be appreciated. I've had mine for a while and I picked it up for old times sake. Still, no visible scratches(wierd for me). PLEASE HELP!

E they are talking about CTP1. ;) However in that case I don't know the solution either.

Things that could be tried are Win98 compatible mode or updating the graphics drivers and other drivers. Just some wild guesses.

However one thing is right Apolyton is the right site for real civilisation games. :D

-Martin

I joined the forum just so I could post this message! :D

I am also running Civilization: Call To Power (not CTP2) on Windows XP. I am also experiencing a problem with the system crashing with error code CRC: 4FF7-C61B. I found this via google, and I tried your suggestion, Martin.

Your idea of running in Win98 compatability mode worked like a charm, at least in single player mode. I think there's an issue with how XP handles (or doesn't handle, rather) this game trying to run in mulitplayer mode. I'll leave that for another day, though.

Cheers, and thanks again!!!

Yea, im getting really pissed off at my game because two months ago call to power original worked on my computer perfectly but i had to reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows XP. is there any reason why it would work b4 but stop working after the reformat???

BTW, would it be possible to start up an online server on call to power?

(there hasn't been one for at least 5/6 years).

And i also downloaded the patch to see if it would help but my comp. refused that the game needed it...
-Thanks

The only great strategy game CTP1, but it always gives me the abrupt termination message.

Top Bottom