1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game crashes during late game, won't progress

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by The Highwayman, May 27, 2017.

1. The Highwayman

The Highwayman Prince

Does anyone else have issues with the game crashing now? I've never had issues before today (465 hours played). I'm trying to progress past turn 232, year 1605, and the game crashes every time now. I've reloaded older saves and the problem persists. Restarting my machine didn't help either.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

I've attached my save file below, in case anyone wants to try it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. liv

liv Emperor

I tried it and it crashed.
    I experienced this with one game and I went back some turns and something changed and it allowed me to go on and play the game out. Others have also reported a similar problem.

The Highwayman likes this.
  3. The Highwayman

The Highwayman Prince

Thank you for trying. I think it is a corrupted save, or the stars are aligning and it triggers a crash. I've played another game to completion, and everything was fine. Hopefully in the next patch this type of bug is fixed.

4. pholtz

pholtz King

I have had two crashes recently and have sent both files to 2k support. They say they are working on it. Both crashes occurred after I had been fighting Persia for a while, capital taken, but no peace because they would not give up capital. Both games seems to crash on Persia's turn. Anyone else getting a late game crash like this? Next large or huge map game I play will be with the Persia add on removed. I'll see if that "fixes"it.

5. The Highwayman

The Highwayman Prince

Thankfully I couldn't replicate my crash described above on future playthroughs. I just deleted that save and moved on. You'll probably be okay on future playthroughs.