Game crashes in multiplayer

Philamedic

Chieftain
Game keeps crashing during multiplayer, very frustrating, mods are all up to date via Stream. I've submitted ticket but anyone else having the same problem and has solved it? My apologies to those I've played with for suddenly dropping out.

My son and I play multiplayer coop and we have a crash (or player disconnect) about every 12-16 hours of game play. It's possible for the host to save the game and reload from that point but a nuisance. It is particularly irritating if the AI thinks a player has left and moves all your troops and buys stuff it the one turn it takes to save and reload. The only way to undo the damage is to go back to an autosave.

Well, the game is peer to peer, so if there is any slight drop in your internet, it will cause you to drop out of the game. Unfortunately, there won't be much that 2k will do since you are using mods in the game. I can bet you that they will attribute the instability of your game to the mods.

I'd suggest making sure that you've added the players in the game so that when you disconnect, they can pause for you so that you can try to rejoin.

However, most likely you'll receive and error, "Unable to join Multiplayer session", and the only only fix for that is to reload the saved game or the previous autosave.

IMG_7844.PNG
Try deleting these folders before every launch of the game. Since the Australia doc patch there is an error with Firaxis coding that is bringing historical data cache forward into newer games and causing errors and disconnects. I can't say for certain this will fix your issue but it has been working well for us over in the Civ League.

Gaelic.

tCL: https://discord.gg/sbwZcjC

Top Bottom