1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Crashes upon loading Save

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by mgbx4, Dec 19, 2011.

1. mgbx4

mgbx4 Warlord

Okay I have a 6gb Memory ram Windows 7 PC.
    Spoiler :

And I have the BTS latest version 3.19
    Spoiler :

Im trying to play Earth 35 Civs Mod

here is the link for the file to download

Okay Im trying to play a save file that I been playing for awhile, couple years now if im not mistaken. I just got a new pc because my old one another PC game fried the Video Card then the motherboard. That pc was a windows vista 64, Now that I have it on this pc I installed everything and put the save files where they go. And now when I load the game it crashes it says error unable to uncompress save or something like that, I want to know if someone can run the save for me so I know if its my pc or if my save file is corrupted. I used to play this mod in a 8gb ram pc, I know it can run big maps because Im playing Invictus Mod which needs lots of pc to play it alright. I download my Civ game and BTS expansion from Direct2drive not the regular CD version, even tho I do have them some where in my house (I just switch house) well here is the link to a youtube video so you guys can see whats the crash on my pc. Thanks in advance for any help. I really love playing that save to kill time

here is the save file for the game, is upload it to civfanatics

Thats the link for the video so you can see what happens to my pc, on the bottom

VIDEO OF THE CRASH

Attached Files:

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

3. mgbx4

mgbx4 Warlord

I did that and same problem, I can start a new world with Earth 35 civs mod and I can play other mods, I just cant load my save file, I dont know if the file is corrupted or the file is to big, not sure yet

4. kiwitt

Probably is corrupted.

Have you tried going to an earlier auto-save. This is what I used to do. Its means going back a few turns, but it beats going back to the start again.

5. mgbx4

mgbx4 Warlord

Im starting to believe is my Virtual Memory, I used to play the game with 8gb RAM and it was okay, now on this pc I have 6gb, I might just end up buying the extra RAM and not BF3 :( lol

6. kiwitt

I run Civ IV with no swap file.

7. mgbx4

mgbx4 Warlord

Whats a swap file and how do I run without it?

8. kiwitt

Swap file = Virtual memory. If you don't know I suggest you don't try it.

I have 25+ years of IT experience and would not recommend for most people IT task. Until you understand the ramifications, I suggest you don't try it.

9. mgbx4

mgbx4 Warlord

Im going to look up about it, now you got me interested about it "D

10. mgbx4

mgbx4 Warlord

I try something else, I change the virtual size of the memory :p I hope this works

11. mgbx4

mgbx4 Warlord

Nope it didnt, I guess the file is corrupted. Sucks cuz I cant find the original back up copy or anything :(