1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Crashes When I Click Continue

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by SomeMan, Jun 27, 2009.

1. SomeMan

SomeMan Modder who can't mod!

I can't even start a game. Whenever I try, it just crashes to desktop

1) Start a new game (Doesn't matter the options, or even if I'm playing a mod or not)
    2) Click Continue during beginning
    3) Game crashes

2. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Hmm..... crashes during the main menu settings usually refers to a problem with patch compatibility. Do you have any custom mods not patch compatible? You have installed the patch?

3. SomeMan

I've updated to the latest patch, but whenever I try to play a game (even when not using a mod) it crashes.

Edit: in case it wasn't clear, after I start the game, it crashes when the screen pops up with all the info, I'll get a screen shot in a second.

4. SomeMan

attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about. As soon as I click continue, the game crashes.

5. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Ahhh ok. Are you using a specific map? Like someone elses map or is it random map?

6. SomeMan

Any map, Random or preset scenarios.

7. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Hmm........ okay I assume it was working before and now it's not (so something has changed in the files).

Have you made any changes to the real files yourself? Or added something in CustomAssets?

8. SomeMan

Actually, I just installed it today (got a new computer recently) So far I haven't changed anything.

9. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Oh so you haven't successfully started a game yet? Have you installed the Firaxis patch?

10. SomeMan

Yes, at least I believe so. I just used the feature in the game itself that searches for updates.

11. Dale

Dale Chieftain

12. SomeMan

Oh boy, still happening. I think I might have to reinstall?

13. SomeMan

Alright, even without patching it it's crashing. Don't know what the problem is.

EDIT: Alright, apparently it was how high the graphics were up. It seems to me that medium or high graphics don't work, but if I can use low graphics with any options I want. Weird.

14. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Then I would say you've got a crappy old graphics card then with hardly any onboard RAM.

15. SomeMan

It's probably the no on-board ram. This is a sorta newer graphics card I believe. As long as the game's playable for me.