Game Crashes When I Click Continue

SomeMan

Modder who can't mod!
I can't even start a game. Whenever I try, it just crashes to desktop

1) Start a new game (Doesn't matter the options, or even if I'm playing a mod or not)
2) Click Continue during beginning
3) Game crashes

Hmm..... crashes during the main menu settings usually refers to a problem with patch compatibility. Do you have any custom mods not patch compatible? You have installed the patch?

I've updated to the latest patch, but whenever I try to play a game (even when not using a mod) it crashes.

Edit: in case it wasn't clear, after I start the game, it crashes when the screen pops up with all the info, I'll get a screen shot in a second.

attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about. As soon as I click continue, the game crashes.

Ahhh ok. Are you using a specific map? Like someone elses map or is it random map?

Hmm........ okay I assume it was working before and now it's not (so something has changed in the files).

Have you made any changes to the real files yourself? Or added something in CustomAssets?

Actually, I just installed it today (got a new computer recently) So far I haven't changed anything.

Oh so you haven't successfully started a game yet? Have you installed the Firaxis patch?

Oh so you haven't successfully started a game yet? Have you installed the Firaxis patch?
Yes, at least I believe so. I just used the feature in the game itself that searches for updates.

Alright, even without patching it it's crashing. Don't know what the problem is.

EDIT: Alright, apparently it was how high the graphics were up. It seems to me that medium or high graphics don't work, but if I can use low graphics with any options I want. Weird.

Then I would say you've got a crappy old graphics card then with hardly any onboard RAM.

It's probably the no on-board ram. This is a sorta newer graphics card I believe. As long as the game's playable for me.

Top Bottom