1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game crashes when I enter WorldBuilder

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by stachnie, Sep 27, 2012.

1. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

I am new to C2C. The game itself runs without much problems (sometimes I get a random crash but it is possible to avoid it after loading autosave) but I get a crash every time when I try to open WorldBuilder, even with an initial autosave.

My system is: Win XP PL SP 3, Intel Pentium III Xeon Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GF 9500 GT with 1 GB RAM. I play at 1280x1024 with Medium graphic settings but crashes occured also when I changed them to Low.

S.

Edit: Of course, I play C2C v. 26 with the latest patch and BTS is patched to 3.19.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Mine is not crashing but it is not working in world builder and exiting WB still leaves the WB right hand top buttons so you can't play anyway. No terrains are being displayed in the WB terrain list either.

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

My WB is still working fine.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

OK, I'll track down any differences between my installation and the SVN.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I have tracked my problem down to Praetyre which I was testing out. I will investigate further.

7. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

If you mean MiniDump.dmp from the BtS dir, it is empty. However, I attach the PythonErr2.log file - maybe it helps.

BTW, I have another problem: when I move a cursor over a city with a large garrison (e.g. to inspect it before sending invasion force), the game usually crashes. It is annoying when e.g. capturing barbarian cities at isolated islands.

S.

Attached Files: