Game crashes when I try to start.

Killer21334

Chieftain
I mount the mod, and try to start a new game, but every time it just crashes as soon as the game starts loading, no error message, nothing, the procces just ends.
This happens EVERY time, I tried using diffrent maps, diffrent civs, nothing helps!

I think so, Im running a Steam version so it should auto patch, right?
Edit: I checked the build, it says that its version 3.1.9.0(also tells me that this is the final build and the patch release date is the same as 3.19) so I assume that its up to date is there anything else that could fix this?

I think so, Im running a Steam version so it should auto patch, right?
Edit: I just ran the game and clicked the "Check for updates buton" it pops up a window telling me that there are no updates available, does this mean thay my version is up to date? Or am I supposed to download the patch manually?

No idea about steam, I assume it would be up to date. I assume you aren't using a Mac since Macs don't support mods with a custom dll and c2c has a custom dll.

Which version of c2C are you using? Did you put it in the BtS/Mods folder and call it Caveman2Cosmos?

I checked the build, it said that I have version 3.1.9.0, how do I upgrade to 3.19? or is this the correct build?
also I put C2C into the "My Games\beyond the sword\MODS" derictory but I used the name that was in the Zip folder "Caveman2Cosmos v25" am I supposed to remove the "v25"?

I checked the build, it said that I have version 3.1.9.0, how do I upgrade to 3.19? or is this the correct build?

This is the correct build as far as I know.

also I put C2C into the "My Games\beyond the sword\MODS" derictory but I used the name that was in the Zip folder "Caveman2Cosmos v25" am I supposed to remove the "v25"?

You are going to have to wait for someone with more exprence with install problems.

What little I know of that devil's tool called Steam tells me you installed it to the correct folder (those that have the "normal" version should never install there), but you must name the folder to the same name as the ini file. You can call them whatever you want, but they must be identical. If the ini file is called "Caveman2Cosmos.ini" the folder must be called that as well. This file will be in the root directory of your C2C folder.

EDIT---also, I never downloaded the zipped version, so I don't know if this is the case, but sometimes people zip folders into other folders. Make sure C2C is in a "root" folder, not a subfolder such as "C2Cv25\C2C".

What little I know of that devil's tool called Steam tells me you installed it to the correct folder (those that have the "normal" version should never install there), but you must name the folder to the same name as the ini file. You can call them whatever you want, but they must be identical. If the ini file is called "Caveman2Cosmos.ini" the folder must be called that as well. This file will be in the root directory of your C2C folder.

EDIT---also, I never downloaded the zipped version, so I don't know if this is the case, but sometimes people zip folders into other folders. Make sure C2C is in a "root" folder, not a subfolder such as "C2Cv25\C2C".

I just checked the C2C folder, there is both a "Caveman2Cosmos v25.ini" and a "Caveman2Cosmos.ini" which one am I supposed to name the folder after? should I keep the default folder name(Which was Caveman2Cosmos v25)?
also I checked the folder and its definitely the root folder.
Maybe I should try downloading the un zipped version? where can I get it?

The "unzipped" folder is the SVN version. As far as your ini problem goes, delete the one that says v25 and rename your folder to the other one (that is what I would do if I had your problem, or at least rename the v25.ini to another extension and see if that works). I have no idea who uploaded the recent version, but all versions should be named simply "Caveman2Cosmos".

my games/... is under the document folder it needs to go into the mods folder in the folder where the game is installed , under something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

and, yes , just remove the "v25" for maximum savegame compatibility etc, it will still run whatever you name it though

I'm afraid I have the exact same problem as the OP. However, I'm not using Steam. BtS is 3.9. Any help?

Where did you install the mod to?

Ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos .

And are you running your computer as Administrator? Not User.

JosEPh

Where did you install the mod to?

Ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos .

And are you running your computer as Administrator? Not User.

JosEPh

I should be running as Admin, I checked the box. Also, the path is C:\Program Files(x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\C2C Release

I should be running as Admin, I checked the box. Also, the path is C:\Program Files(x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\C2C Release

If you are n Vista, Win7 or WIn8 you have to launch by explicitly right-clicking and selecting 'run as admin' WHATEVER user you are logged on as.

Optionally (because I hate that pop-up that asks if you want to allow the program to make changes everytime you 'run as administrator):

I installed to a new location C:\Games.

I then used the instructions to set up a shortcut that links to a new .ini file called CivilizationIVC2C instead of linking to mods. *The call to C2C is designated in the ini file.

I don't use 'run as administrator'. Instead I gave full privliges to users for the Caveman2Cosmos folder and all its children folders.

I don't think that'd work Taxman. The better solution is to assign your user account as an administrator so you don't have to select to run as an administrator every time you try to start up. If the files aren't in the right place, its going to cause problems that I, at least, don't know how to avoid.

If the Mod is called "C2C Release" Please rename to Caveman2Cosmos.

Then make sure that when you open that renamed folder that there are files like Assets, Sources, etc. and not another folder named Caveman2Cosmos inside.

JosEPh

If you are n Vista, Win7 or WIn8 you have to launch by explicitly right-clicking and selecting 'run as admin' WHATEVER user you are logged on as.

Never had to do that before, and even then it doesn't matter. I've done that as well.

No extra nesting either.

I don't think that'd work Taxman. The better solution is to assign your user account as an administrator so you don't have to select to run as an administrator every time you try to start up. If the files aren't in the right place, its going to cause problems that I, at least, don't know how to avoid.

Admitidily I didn't think of that and the account I play from is an admin account.

@Alornal,

But is the mod you installed named C2C Release? If it is it's Wrong! And needs to be renamed to Caveman2Cosmos to work.

JosEPh

Top Bottom