Game crashes with movement of navel units.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by alcash, Mar 24, 2012.

1. alcash

alcash Chieftain

My game seems to always crash right around the time of getting frigets. It has crashed once with a trimer but normaly i dont have much of a navel force till frigets. It seems to crashe when i got to move them durring war times. the game just freezes and then in the center of the screen if i move my cursor over it it shows my normal cursor as if i was not playing civ V and then once the game close it shows a error message and that it will let me know if info is able to be given on the crash. any ideas why?

2. alcash

alcash Chieftain

80 views and not one person is able to post any help ;( please if anyone has any info I would be extremely great full. I love civ ever sense civ 2 came out and just want to enjoy the game as it was meant to be. And on a second not I give two thumbs down to Civ V for releasing a game with so much bugs and doing so little to fix it. No updates for almost a year now. :(

3. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

As usual: What does "crash" mean? Program closes, you get to desktop and windows keeps working as normal? A Bluescreen? PC shuts down? PC restarts? PC freezes?

Google how to make and post a dxdiag (preferably in spoiler tags) so we can see what your hardware is and if drivers are missing.

For now I'd have to guess the PC barely/doesn't fulfills the minimum hardware requirements. So make sure to have all graphics options on minimum.

4. alcash

alcash Chieftain

I thought I explained it but I’ll do it once more. The game will freeze (freeze as in all action in the game cease to work) I still have control of the mouse cursor and it looks like the civ V cursor until I have it in the center of the screen. When over the center it looks like my desktop mouse cursor. The game will then close after about 1min and it shows an error message that just says this program has stop running if a solution is found it will let me know. I’m sorry if this is not enough info but I don’t know what more I can say to explain what is happening. Please any help would be useful.

5. alcash

alcash Chieftain

also I don’t think it’s a pc issue as I have a rather good alien wear desktop with 12gb ram and the rest is good as well, it only about 9months old and I spent around 3k on it so it’s a very good pc and I have no problem running other games with much more graphics then civ.

6. six blade knife

six blade knife Chieftain

hey alcash,

I experience the same problem as you describe. Sometime when I order a ship to move (it's erratic, I can't have any idea when exactly it will crash) the game freezes, no more music or sound and after 1min or so the game goes back to desktop saying that "CiV doesn't answer".

I don't have problem to run other games, drivers are updated and so is directx.

I will try to perform a dxdiag tonight, hope there is a solution for this annoying problem.

ps : whatever size the map is, it still crashes (I usually play on huge maps, but I tried on a tiny one and the crash occured too).

*sorry for my bad english, hope all this makes sense* :)

7. six blade knife

here's my dxdiag, hope someone can help with this problem :)

Spoiler :
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 3/28/2012, 12:54:17
    Machine name: HEROIN-PC
    Operating System: Windows7 Édition Intégrale 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330)
    Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: H67M-UD2H-B3
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4080MB RAM
    Page File: 1476MB used, 6681MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 460
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E22&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 2777 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 993 MB
    Shared Memory: 1783 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Moniteur Plug-and-Play générique
    Monitor Model: SMB2430H
    Monitor Id: SAM064C
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: HD15
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.9610 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.17.12.9610
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/1/2012 02:02:00, 17642816 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4D62-11CF-3A46-0C201FC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0E22
    SubSys ID: 0x00000000
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Driver Strong Name: oem2.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section015:8.17.12.9610:pci\ven_10de&dev_0e22
    Rank Of Driver: 00E60003

thanks in advance for any answer =)

8. timtofly

timtofly One Day

Would it be feasible to double the RAM from 4 to 8Gig?

Both of you could still have a pesky corrupted file hanging around that may take a while to get rid of.

9. six blade knife

hello, thanks for your answer =)

I'll up my ram to 8go soon i think.

what you mean by a "pesky" file corrupted ? and is there a way to get rid of it with a reinstall ?

10. timtofly

timtofly One Day

When I had problems, it got to the point where I had over 100 files that it said it was re- downloading. I am not sure if it helped, but I moved steam and game files to a 16 Gig thumb drive. I was hoping that this drive would not get as defragmented as having all the files on the main hard drive. In my sons case his Steam folder was over 32 Gigs.

It seems that if one is in the middle of a game during a downloading of a patch, certain files may be corrupted. Hopes this helps.

11. alcash

alcash Chieftain

well its been too long that this game has done this im deleting it and am very upset this is the game series i like the most and am very upset. But i cant sit here and play a game that does not let me play but maybe 2min then i have to re start the game. Thanks for having a support line and making a game that is just horse .