Game does not exit

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by RohirrimElf, Oct 26, 2016.

1. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Today my pc crashed 2 time when closing civ 6 after a 1 hour playing session.

When i quit civ 6 in the main menu. My screen hangs. When i go into "task manager" to close the game i get a black screen with a civ 6 mouse pointer. I can`t get out of it and have to restart my pc.

Are there more people with the same problems? This issue only started today and twice in a row. I`ve clocked about 20 hours on civ 6 in total.

Destruck_Tar likes this.
  2. Riker13

Riker13 King

Yes I had this today, tried to exit game and it just hung, could not even go to task manager, had to reboot PC.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  3. zarakand

zarakand Prince

This happens frequently for me. The start key on the keyboard works and signing out of the user id on Windows solves the issue. It's very irritating and hope they fix it soon.

Di4tribe likes this.
  4. Desert rat Charlie

Desert rat Charlie Chieftain

Same issue with me.

5. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

I have the same issue and I read on Steam that a solution might be to run the game in "borderless window" mode. The only thing that this solves is the ability to use Alt + Tab keys properly so you can kill the process with Task Manager.

6. blacai

blacai Chieftain

Same issue here... there is no need to reboot PC. Just ctrl+alt+supr --> Logoff user/change user. It automatically closes the running programs and you can logon again.

7. n00buk

n00buk Chieftain

Same issue.
    I'm running Windows 10, so I just switch to another desktop and close Civ VI from Task manager.