Game feeezing after April update - so frustrating

gump86

Chieftain
I tried relaunching game from an earlier save. I made peace with one civ and was able to play for several more turns than I couldn't get past, but now it's freezing around turn 270. I thought it could be my laptop, so I saved the file off and loaded it onto my previous laptop, then updated game version on that box (which was running Civ fine a few months back). Once again, game freezes after a few turns. The globe stops turning..music keeps playing, but if you click on anything, game freezes. I left game running overnight to see if it ever catches up, but no dice.

I also toggled every visible feature to bare minimum, but no change.. may be a bug or something that's repeatedly causing crashing. Too bad this "update" appears to have killed the game.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0288.Civ6Save
    5.1 MB · Views: 59
pcmag has an article about windows update KB5001330 causing problems for games. Maybe that is the cause?

I did try it and played one Persia game, finished that game with one crash. So it probably did nothing, but the crashes were much more likely in multiplayer and I have not tested that.

I did try it and played one Persia game, finished that game with one crash. So it probably did nothing, but the crashes were much more likely in multiplayer and I have not tested that.
Interesting. I'm actually receiving crashes exclusively to single-player, because that's what I mostly play. I was throwing around the idea of uninstalling Windows Updates. As a temporary measure, I'm instead doing a manual save before hitting Next Turn. Sad...

Whether this is Microsoft or Civ's fault, it's putting me closer to pre-ordering Humankind.

Hi!
I'm an occasional reader of this forum.
Discovered this game a couple of years ago and have 750+ hours of playing.

I am also experiencing identical crashes recently, I don't know really if it started with the april update..
But the last few days this has been really annoying as every 2 turns the game crashes (maybe as turn and complexity increases? been playing on huge map with 10 civs for the last recent weeks).

I have digged the internet for possible solutions (I recently started from a fresh install, and only have one mod installed or activated (CQUI), have also tried some LaunchPad tweek thing).
No luck

I try to search for a log somewhere containing some clue about the crash..
If someone can point to something I'll be glad to look into it.
Not a fan of contacting support of any services as the solution never came out of any of their really basic recommandations...

Thanks in advance.

Hi!
I'm an occasional reader of this forum.
Discovered this game a couple of years ago and have 750+ hours of playing.

I am also experiencing identical crashes recently, I don't know really if it started with the april update..
But the last few days this has been really annoying as every 2 turns the game crashes (maybe as turn and complexity increases? been playing on huge map with 10 civs for the last recent weeks).

I have digged the internet for possible solutions (I recently started from a fresh install, and only have one mod installed or activated (CQUI), have also tried some LaunchPad tweek thing).
No luck

I try to search for a log somewhere containing some clue about the crash..
If someone can point to something I'll be glad to look into it.
Not a fan of contacting support of any services as the solution never came out of any of their really basic recommandations...

Thanks in advance.

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/04/15/k...e-drop-in-games-failed-installs-and-bootloops

Did you try this? My solution was to stop playing and play other games.

Top Bottom