game freezes after end turn

djstick

Chieftain
Hi, this is my first post but I've been playing C2C for a long time. I'm currently playing the latest 38.5.7 version. In previous versions I always had the same problem. I found out that every time I tried to build the Lotus Temple the game would freeze after I pressed the end turn button, the mouse cursor changed to that little man running but the turn would never come to an end. I even left my computer on one day waiting for the turn to end while I went to work but when I got home after 9 hours it was dead frozen. I could move the mouse and the "little man" was still running but nothing was happening. I had to go to task manager and kill civ4 process go back to my last save and never build the Lotus Temple to continue my game. Now this issue is fixed with the latest version and I was so happy but when I got to the information age of the latest version, the same happened to me but now I don't even know what could possibly be this time since I have 38 cities in the game I'm currently playing and not one is building any wonder. Is there any chance this could be fixed? Or can I do something to fix this? I would surely appreciate some help. I love this mod, this is my favorite mod of all time and I would love to end it the way I always wanted to and that is playing in a map with more than 1 planet like "3 planets" and conquer earth, research all techs and continue to space colonization until there's nothing more to do or research basically except admire my civilization. Now that's a proper ending. :) But apparently I'm back to square one. Please help.

Upload save.

There are two space maps (scenarios) included - Vertical Solar and Its Small World (this one is for quick games and testing as it has no ai).
There are few space maps around forums too.
We don't have map scripts that would generate complete space maps.

Here's the save. I'm playing on "3 planets" map. It's a very well done concept. It's like 3 maps in one. Don't know if you tried it already but this is how I always dreamed how civilization should be.

Attachments

• djstick BC-0340.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.8 MB · Views: 111
Here's the save. I'm playing on "3 planets" map. It's a very well done concept. It's like 3 maps in one. Don't know if you tried it already but this is how I always dreamed how civilization should be.
I'll take a look eventually.

Thanks. I started a new game with the same settings and map but with a new civilization. I don't know if things are gonna be different but I will try and let you know if i get different results

I tried twice and ended up with the same results. Something happens that makes the game freeze when I press the end turn button. It always happens eventually... I was starting to suspect there was something wrong with my system or even a bad disk corrupting my game data so I bought a new one just so I could install C2C in it, to no success. Sad day for me. I wish I could finish this mod on this map but it looks like it's impossible. This is my 6th attempt

37.5. typo was 38.5

I have just built the Lotus Temple and my game continues, Will let you know if it eventually freezes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom