Game freezes as soon as I reach 50%

rustysoap

Chieftain
Hi guys, just a quick question here.

I'm doing a scenario game (western hemisphere (huge) scenario). I've got a few colonies along the eastern coast of the NA Continent, decent standing army and resources, all that good stuff. Anyways, I've reached a level of 48% rebel sentiment, and on one turn, where i believe the the sentiment goes to 50%, the game freezes indefinitely. Here's what happens:

I get two native leaders offering me a settlement (for nothing), whether i accept or decline the settlements, soon as I press the enter key to end the turn, it stops, with the (busy) globe spinning on the screen. After a while I tried ctrl+alt+delete, Alt+Tab, and Alt+F4 but nothing. Has anyone else encountered this or am I on my own? Any suggestions that dont involve throwing the computer out the window?

I can't help directly except to say that I don't think that scenario itself is the problem as I have played it a couple of times myself OK.

It seems unlikely that the 50% mark would trigger a problem but you could test that by changing your colonies so your rebel sentiment doesn't increase that turn (by moving all your statesmen out of their town halls). See if that makes any difference.

You can also alter the settlement offers to see if that changes anything. Declare war on one of the indian leaders and I'm pretty sure he won't be giving you a free settlement. This is just to try and track down the fault.

I can't help directly except to say that I don't think that scenario itself is the problem as I have played it a couple of times myself OK.

It seems unlikely that the 50% mark would trigger a problem but you could test that by changing your colonies so your rebel sentiment doesn't increase that turn (by moving all your statesmen out of their town halls). See if that makes any difference.

You can also alter the settlement offers to see if that changes anything. Declare war on one of the indian leaders and I'm pretty sure he won't be giving you a free settlement. This is just to try and track down the fault.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I declared war on the natives offering me the free land, and that seemed to get me past the freezing. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom