Game freezes during multiplayer

Tsumugi

Chieftain
Hello everyone

I've been having the problem that my game keeps freezing while I'm playing multiplayer matches.

It happens at completely random times, as far as I can tell there's no pattern to it. It can happen after ~30-60 minutes or sometimes after 3 or more hours. In rare cases, I can actually play some games to the end.

It occurs while loading the next turn (never during a turn): it just stops loading and everything freezes up (it's not endless loading like others have experienced). Then I have to either force quit Civ5 or shut down my computer.

In singleplayer, the game works fine, I didn't have freezes or crashes there so far. Usually, I'm the host of the multiplayer games and I play over internet with strangers. I'm using no mods. Playing the DirectX 10&11 version.The last 5 games I had during the last 3 days all crashed.

Things I have tried:
- Verify integrity of files
- Reinstall of Civ5
- Reinstall of graphic card driver

My system:
- Windows 10 Home (updated from Windows 8)
- 2x GTX 770
- i7 4770K
- 16 GB RAM

I'd really like to play more multiplayer games, but this problem makes it unplayable.
It would be very thankful if someone could help me.

After some testing, I'm now convinced that the problem only occurs during multiplayer games.
The past two days, I was able to play in singleplayer for hours without any problems.

Today, I tried a multiplayer game hoping it won't happen but in turn 69 it froze. I decided not to quit Civ5, but rather see what happens and while it was frozen, it crashed to the desktop with a "Civ5 has stopped working" error message. I also realized that the music doesn't freeze, it keeps playing.

It also created a .mdmp file for the crash.

Top Bottom