Game Freezes

mbaratta83

Chieftain
During this particular run through, the game has started to consistently freeze, forcing me to manually quit to the desktop.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 159
Thanks for the report.

Reloading the previous turn freeze again?

Two out of three times the game will freeze upon reloading the previous turn or the current one. Freezing has started happening earlier in another game I started.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    136.6 KB · Views: 138
Another odd bug. If you look closely at the picture, you can see two units of archers to the west of Valencia, but they are lacking the unit symbols. The archer unit symbols that are usually above the units remain to the east of the city where the units had originally been when this odd bug started to happen.
Civ6Screen0000.png

If it's still useful for me to post these, here's another log from another fresh game that freezes every time I load the latest autosave.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    6 KB · Views: 143
Yes it helps, thanks.

Sadly I'm afraid that at the exact moment of an autosave (both the game's and the mod's), the units data may not be fully updated, and the state of the game on reload may be corrupted, so ATM I only trust manual saves for further debugging.

I need to work on the autosave trigger for the mod to get clean saves to work on.

Well, in that case, here is a log from a game loaded from a manually saved game that is consistently freezing after I end the turn.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    61 KB · Views: 149
Thanks, can you attach the saved game ?

Trying some games using the latest version you've posted to Github. Freezing quite early in the game; lots of data inconsistencies with units.

Attachments

• GCO-EndTurnAutosave1.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 147
  • Lua.txt
    83.8 KB · Views: 139
Thanks, I'm focused on the migration coding ATM, but I'll have a look at that ASAP.

Not actually reporting about games freezing or crashing this time; the current iteration of the game is quite stable. In one game I am playing, I have an inland capital in which I've built all the housing available to me, and the city grows appropriately, limited to about size 19-20. On the other hand, I have two coastal cities that seem to be bugged. They keep growing massively, despite my intentionally not building nearly as much housing as I did in my capital. They are size 30 and 24, and are adding nearly a million people every turn at this point.

Attachments

• SALADIN 328 1535 AD.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 145
Could be related to less owned plots (as they are coastal) to have population migrate to from the city center.

If it's the case, City to City migration may mitigate that.

Well, I spoke too soon. My first unresolvable, remarkably consistent freeze since the new and improved update. It's impossible to get past turn 127, even if I load a game from a few turns back.

Attachments

• PERICLES 127 850 BCa.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 203
  • Lua.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 124
Strange, I get the two units desync (during 2 turns 127-128) but no crash (tried up to turn 132)

What's you're CPU/GPU/RAM ?

Can you try to find this code in "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Ged Civilization Overhaul\Scripts\GCO_ModUtils.lua"
Code:
local debugFilter = {
    ["debug"]         = true,
--    ["CityScript"]     = true,
--    ["PlayerScript"] = true,
--    ["UnitScript"]     = true,
--    ["PlotScript"]     = true,
}
and replace it with this
Code:
local debugFilter = {
    ["debug"]         = true,
    ["CityScript"]     = true,
    ["PlayerScript"] = true,
    ["UnitScript"]     = true,
    ["PlotScript"]     = true,
}

then post the (now detailed) Lua.log after the crash ?

Do you want me to do this for just that specific game or every time I report a crash/freeze from now on?

In any case, here's the expanded log for that Pericles game freeze.

Attachments

• Pericles Lua Log.txt
    3.2 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Non-coastal cities that can build harbor districts still can't build ships because they need city shipyards in order to produce and store the "hull wood" resource.

Top Bottom