Game Freezes

There haven't really been any instances of consistent freezing lately, but the game has been randomly crashing to the desktop every couple dozen of turns. The latest happened as my worker planted a forest, but it also happens while I'm not doing anything.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 163
  • CLEOPATRA 439 1848 AD.Civ6Save
    3.8 MB · Views: 225
Running the latest version, none of the units have banners over the units, the unit panel doesn't appear when units are selected, and none of the unit hotkeys work (e.g. pressing "B" when selecting a settler doesn't settle a city). When I loaded a previous saved game, none of the existing cities had the city banners showing above the cities. Ending my turn produces an error: UnitData saving check failed!

Attachments

• GCO-EndTurnAutoSave4.Civ6Save
    147.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Lua.txt
    283.5 KB · Views: 120
thanks, fixed in the new update

Tooltips from plots show zero resources are being collected, even though resources are being collected (shown correctly in city resource screen).

you always get at least 1 unit of resource when working a low population plot (not sure how to make that appears in the UI)

If it's on larger population plot, more details please ?

Actually, I was mistaken. I just realized all the plots with zero resources being collected don't have any current workers. My cities at the moment have large urban populations and barely any rural population, leaving only a few plots with workers instead of being more spread around, which is a little unusual, leading me to believe there was a display error. Everything's working fine.

Just realizing that the latest update may have broken saved game (rural population is stocked/saved in a different table), and could have reset the population on plots to starting game values.

In later era the cities provide too much employment to give an incentive for urban population to move on plots outside outside cities. This is wanted, but combined with the above issue may broke late game saves.

Future updates will include more push/pull to force urban population to migrate (housing for example)

Yeah, makes more sense now. I started the game I'm currently playing in the Modern Era so I could try out the aircraft units more quickly without having to play starting in the Ancient Era. Unfortunately, the problem is getting worse. As the city grows, most of the growth is urban, so there isn't enough rural population to collect food resources for the city to convert into food. The city starts rationing, which kills off rural population, causing a downward spiral.

I started another game in the Ancient Era and the rural population is growing alright, so no problems in that regard at the moment.

Improving land-based oil plots with oil wells (as opposed to offshore oil rigs on water-based plots) does not increase the amount of oil collected.

A couple bugs. After researching writing, I am no longer able to open the technology tree. After building Large Markets, it replaces Markets from the building list, and I guess this causes you to lose the one trade route you gain from a Market.

A couple bugs. After researching writing, I am no longer able to open the technology tree. After building Large Markets, it replaces Markets from the building list, and I guess this causes you to lose the one trade route you gain from a Market.
thanks, I'll fix both in next release.

I have noticed problems with market-related buildings. For instance, the Market is supposed to replace the Fish Market and the Butchery, but once I upgrade to a Large Market, the Fish Market and Butchery are available again. Once I upgrade to Supermarkets, all the buildings that it is supposed to replace except Large Markets are available again. Once Supermarkets are available and I have no Market built in a city, ALL the market-related buildings are available in the building list. Very confusing and not quite working as intended I'm assuming.

Last edited:
The icons for Forester units aren't working right. The icon is different in each city depending on what units are in the build list, and the icon is often that of the settler unit on the map.

I have also started to consistently get a "Cities Turn Unfinished" error for every civ on the map, in addition to the continual "Units Turn Unfinished" errors I mentioned previously.

Top Bottom