1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game freezing on iMac

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by WizKazin, Jan 31, 2021.

1. WizKazin

WizKazin Chieftain

I've sent two tech support tickets to aspyr and they have failed to answer despite it being over a week since the first time, so I'm reaching out here in desperation.

I am playing on a 27 in iMac and I've upgraded my ram to 40 GB so I have more than enough technically going on to run the game. It runs fine most of the time but then just randomly will freeze up for no apparent reason. It forces me to hard reset my computer each time. It seems completely random.

Does anyone have any idea of what is wrong? Or can if you don't know, are you at least having the same problem as me? I just wonder if this is a common problem on Mac these days ...

2. Bentov

Bentov Chieftain

Welcome to the club....very common issue. I'm sad to think that I will have to give up civ since I'm not buying a windows machine to play 1 game.